My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The OverDrawn Blues - Where Did My Money Go!?!?

I have never bounced a check in my life!

I have never been overdrawn in my life!

I have never had to borrow money to cover any debts in my life!

Until today......

I was leaving work and I wanted to know how much money was left in my account until Friday when I get paid. I received the automated message informing me that my account was currently overdrawn by 21.00 dollars...FUCK!

That just sucks - a transaction cleared that I totally forgot about.

I decided that I would just xfer money from my credit card to cover it but I get paid tomorrow at midnight and the problem will be solved. I will get hit with a damn overdraft fee...but oh well....such is life

FEES FUCKIN SUCK!

And now my perfect streak of never being overdrawn has come to an end....sigh

8 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    There's a first time for everything, my dear. Chin up. You are making a transition in your life and you are distracted. It happens to the best of us. And you are one of the best, Mr. Matt.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    Matt Matt Matt. If I had every damn overdraft fee I have paid over the years I could probably pay several house payments. When i was married, My wife had a tendency to spend money we didn't have. I was always dealing with it. I have not bounced a check in 4 years but during te marriage...OMG!

    So worry not. Learn from it. It sucks yes and since it is your first time, a lot of times they don't even charge the fee.

     
  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    Streaks are not perfect, they are streaks. They have a beginning and an end. No big deal.

    Now if you had just got a 10-day water shut-off notice (like we just did because someone forgot to pay the whopping $22 last month), I would never speak to you again.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger The Gock said…

    I can identify.... I'm one of those sick people that pays off his credit cards completely every month and never ever pays finance charges.

    For us - it's a total failure in life management to overdraft or under-pay. ;) The difference is that I have a wonderful housewife who stays home and takes care of the kids and makes sure we keep up with the budget and the bills and all I have to do is go to work, lift weights, be a good daddy and a good husband, eat, sleep, and poop.

    Can't imagine how much harder it would be to do alone!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    You guys are making me feel bad. Every since "online banking" took hold, I have had my share of NSF charges. With everyone allowing me to automatically have my cable, telephone, insurance, etc. bill drafted out of my account, it can trip you up sometimes!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    so sorry, welcome to my world.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Donnell said…

    I have bounced exactly 3 cheques in my life. The first one I was 19 or 20 and knew it would bounce when I wrote it. The second one, my account had overdraft coverage which the bank cancelled on me with no notice and so a cheque bounced. The third my brother paid me his rent via cheque but his paycheck bounced, which caused his rent cheque to bounce. The bank sent me a nasty note about fraud and depositing invalid cheques. Man did I go in and blow up.
    It happens.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Awww I'm sorry baby... I've been there MANY times myself and it's never a good feeling... the good news is that everything will work out when you get your next paycheck and then life will go on... xoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home