My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Clean Sweep - Tossing Stuff At Will

Ok - so all of my furniture has been sold - presold that is!

So now I am going thru my apartment and cleaning out the rest of it!

I must be the KING of being able to go thru someplace and clean sweep the crap out of it. I am tossing stuff out at will!

Never will it be said that I will hold onto something without reason.

I cleaned out everything:

My old collection of books!

My OLD OLD OLD collection of clothes!

My "memories" box from college!

Other random crap that was sitting in my apartment.

All be told - so far I have thrown out 3 HUGE plastic bins of crap!

Technically it has been donated...but hell - some of that stuff was useless to donate - no poor person should be subjected to some of the stuff I was holding onto!

So on my trip to Atlanta all I will have is my clothes, my laptop, my pictures and other wall decorations, my smaller television, and my dishes....hmmm - yeah that about does it.....

Can you have a more fresh start than that!?!?!

I think not....

13 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Three cheers for fresh starts!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    That definitely sounds like a fresh start to me!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    lets get a fresh start on shopping when u get here.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger The Gock said…

    fresh... dawg.

    :p

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Mr. Brian said…

    I once went through a donation phase. I got rid of a lot of stuff. And I've probably accrued about twice what I've given away since. But I'm exercising the throw away at will stance with more resolve. Now, if I can just get that building at my parents' house cleaned up and get rid of the stuff I don't need....

    Fresh starts are great. We should do them more often. :)

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Nettie said…

    Cathartic to get rid of all the old junk, isn't it?

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Ah, you can just feel the load getting lighter and lighter. I like having less.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I love getting rid of all my old junk - just feels great to know that it won't be following you to my next destination

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    I would keep the memories of college around and a few of those clothes (if you can fit them). But, I'm a pack rack, so...

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ok i confess - i kept all my pictures and journals from college - i just downsized them...:-)

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    I just made a move myself - I got rid of all of my skinny clothes and old boyfriend memorabilia. That feels pretty good. You know, the heat from that bonfire. :)

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    It feels great to clean things out like that once in a while. Any more, I will run across things and say, "have I used or needed this in three years?" If the answer is no, it goes. Not sure where I picked the "3 year" rule though?!

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ha ha Kris - :-) bonfires are great

    Twinkie - where did you get the 3 year rule - my rule is like 6 months lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home