My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Running On An Ingrown Toenail - No Pain, No Gain

Workout Update

Ran 2 miles today - have lost 7 pounds since beginning the new workout program.

My goal weight by Atlanta is 175 pounds!

I should be able to make that easily....

So I will keep ya posted!

But damn - running on an ingrown toenail hurts like hell!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger The Gock said…

    you've been soaking that in warm soapy water every night, right?

    watch those toe infections - they can get really bad really quickly.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger The Gock said…

    I thought I should add some more disgusting detail just in case you hadn't done any of this...

    wait until it's all nice and soft after soaking in hot/warm soapy water for like 20 minutes... then try to free the infection yourself by squeezing and/or prying the skin away from the nail. It hurts a bit, but no more than 100 other things I've done to myself.... and it'll save you from gangrene and getting your toe or foot amputated!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger The Great Cranky One said…

    Be careful with those ingrown toenails! Take it from me, i have had them a lot through the years and have actually had to have my entire big nails removed three times! Once I had a staph infection and it just seemed sore like any other time I had had one. Sooooo be very careful. I know i spilled some of my own kinda gross tea but I dont want anyone to experience what I did. I love the Mariah post by the way i did not know a lot of that.

    -Tim

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger The Great Cranky One said…

    Be careful with those ingrown toenails! Take it from me, i have had them a lot through the years and have actually had to have my entire big nails removed three times! Once I had a staph infection and it just seemed sore like any other time I had had one. Sooooo be very careful. I know i spilled some of my own kinda gross tea but I dont want anyone to experience what I did. I love the Mariah post by the way i did not know a lot of that.

    -Tim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home