My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, August 01, 2005

A Frightening Spiritual Dream - Scared Shitless

I tried and tried to go to sleep....but I couldn't. I suffer from insomnia. There are times when it seems impossible for me to sleep.

So on this particular night i did not get to sleep until almost 2:00 am. During my short time under, I had the most horiffic dream I have had in forver.

Read below:

The dream begins with parts that I cannot really remember all that well...it involved angels, lesbians, bows & arrows, hunting, etc....

hmmmm - wish I could remember more but it comes in flashes....and it must have been one fucked up dream if it involved all that shit...

The next part is the part I remember vividly.

I am standing in an elevator/storeroom. All I know is that it is a small enclosed space with four solid walls and a door in front of me. I am pushing against the door trying to get it closed desparately in an attempt to keep something out that was pushing on the other side. There is a girl on her knees, curled up in a ball crying next to me. I am screaming at her at the top of my lungs to renounce Satan and all his lies. I am also yelling at her to push on the door to get it shut. She does not move.

To my left there is a wall that turns into an eye that starts blinking and looking at me. Again, I shout at this girl to renounce and turn to God.

End Scene. Then the dream suddenly switches....

Then suddenly I am running along a trail that is similar to the running trail at my current apartment complex. I pass by a yard of this house and see two women standing in the front yard. One of the women is a girl I went to college with.

As I pass by, I wave and then continue on. A few hundred feet past her house, I feel someone behind me. You know that feeling you get when you know someone is behind you even though you dont hear anyone.

I turn around and see this hooded figure in all black half running/half floating towards me and gaining on me. Now I am running pretty damn fast in my dream and that "something" caught up with me pretty quick. As I am running it comes along side me and is yelling something at me in a language I cannot understand. It grabs both of my shoulders in the dream.

At that moment I hear the alarm clock of my cell phone going off but I am still not out of the dream. It is as if both worlds (reality and dreamland) have crossed for a few seconds. At the same moment, I can actually hear my own self trying to scream in reality even though my mind is still in the dream. I finally wake up and throw myself backwards to get out "its" grasp and I slam into the wall.

Needless to say I could not fall back asleep.

What is even funnier - is that my cell phone showed a time of 5:00 am.

I checked the alarm...

It was set for 6:00....!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    I'm fed-exing you a year's supply of sleeping pills, Matt.

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Dreamer said…

    A few years ago I had a dream that I was dying - in it I was screaming at the top of my lung "Oh God please, NO!!" - In it I could see an eye floating in space ...blinking and looking at me. I lost my left eye in the dream and it had been pierced by a "dark being" - I woke up to my sister shaking me out of my sleep but I could still feel my eye hurting and I could see her shaking me in the dreams - reality and dream meshed together. I stayed awake all night after that ... my left eye watered all night ... only the one eye. Your dream brought it all back.. Damn.

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    I hate those dreams when I'm trying to scream but nothing comes out of my mouth... those dreams just freak the hell out of me.. you know, youc an call me anytime if you can't sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home