My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

NARAL and Planned Parenthood - Let's Attack Everyone Regardless Of What They Actually Believe

I support a women's right to choose. I grew up in a house with my sister and my mother, both of whom stated they are against abortion for themselves but pro-choice for other women. I would not vote to deny a woman her right to choose what to do with her body...

But I have had it up to here with the NARAL and Planned Parenthood. They need some new direction and someone to actually head up their "Research Department". Wait...I forgot...They don't have a research department. If they did, then they would know who to attack politically and when to attack.

The NARAL and Planned Parenthood attacked Sandra Day O'Connor (PRO-CHOICE!), Anthony Kennedy (PRO-CHOICE!), and David Souter (PRO-CHOICE!). So these pro-choice organizations have a history of attacking pro-choice candidates.

So it's not a shock that they yet again are attacking Roberts, the latest nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court.

If these organizations want to attack people politically that is fine, but after a while it just begins to look like they are attacking everyone. It comes across as an attempt to influence by fear.

Ann Coulter said it best:

"It means absolutely nothing that NARAL and Planned Parenthood attack him: They also attacked Sandra Day O'Connor, Anthony Kennedy and David Hackett Souter.

The only way a Supreme Court nominee could win the approval of NARAL and Planned Parenthood would be to actually perform an abortion during his confirmation hearing, live, on camera, and preferably a partial-birth one."


It is possible that Roberts is pro-life and that would justify why these organizations are attacking him. That is part of their responsibilities...to promote their agenda of supporting a woman's right to choose. But their track records leaves one to wonder. I am not attacking what these organizations do. I just don't understand their methods....

P.S. - this post is in no way an endorsement of Ann Coulter :)

6 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kree Kra said…

    Thanks for redeeming my opinion of you by adding that "P.S." in the end! ;) I think Ann Coulter was like number 3 on that list circulating the internet of "people in need of a severe beating".

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol. um where is the personal post you promised off line...?????

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Ann Coulter is the devil's spawn!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    HA HA HA -

    wow sangrancito - i guess you feel very passionate about it....

    I actually like watching the spats between Ann Coulter and Al Franken and the like - I think it is entertaining

    did you see my P.S.?????

    that is very important! :-)

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous sam said…

    Similarly -

    "It means absolutely nothing that Ann Coulter attacks Planned Parenthood: [see every word that has ever come out of her mouth]."

    Duuuuude, don't quote Ann Coulter. Like ever!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I will quote who ever I want...whenever I want and however I want :-)

    thank you very much

    ha ha :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home