My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Moving Day For My Furniture - Uhaul Problems!

I woke up this morning hangover intact. :-)

I went to pick up my Uhaul because I was taking all of my furniture to its new owners today...woohoo...that meant more money right?!? Wrong!

I picked up the Uhaul at 9:30 am and drove it back home. I was home by 9:50 am. I went inside and got some furniture ready to move, I called my friend D to let him know he could come over, and I sat down to rest.

I went back outside to open up the back sliding door of the Uhaul when I noticed something leaking from the Uhaul's engine. At first I figured it was just water from the air conditioner...but something inside me told me to take a closer look.

I did and I immediately became pissed off...

The liquid was not clear...it was GREEN!

The Uhaul that I was in possession for less than 1/2 hour was leaking anti-freeze. It stopped after the next 15 minutes so that leads me to believe that the water pump might be busted. I do not think that it is a total direct leak from the radiator.

So I called the Uhaul place and told them of the situation and she was very short with me and said "I can't help you. You will have to call the 1-800 number on the contract. There is nothing more we can do for you."

Sigh.....

I wasn't trying to complain at that point - I was simply trying to inform them that their vehicle was not in the best of condition and that it was leaking anti-freeze, but she was rude and interrupted me. I just said thank you and hung up.

It is now 11:45 am. I have been waiting for the Uhaul mechanic for 1 1/2 hours now. I have to have the Uhaul truck back by 3:00 or they charge me 250.00 for making them miss the next reservation. So I will probably not even be able to deliver the furniture...grrrr...

And its kind of ironic that they would charge me 250.00 for making them miss the next reservation because how could they in good faith actually give this vehicle to another customer...LOL...maybe I should warn their next customer.

Oh..and get this...when they rented me the vehicle, they told me "Dont worry about the check engine light - it stays on all the time..."

Right.....

I will keep ya posted on when the mechanic shows up.....

5 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Nettie said…

    "The check engine light stays on all the time"...that's not very comforting. Hope they've come by now.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Brechi said…

    hmm...maybe the mechanic will turn out to be super fuckable? ;)

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ha ha - one can only hope!!! :-)

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Customer service just ain't what it used to be. I'd bitch slap that woman on the phone.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous sam said…

    My sister manages a bunch of those Public Storage places. She says Uhaul routinely shits on their customers and charges them out the ass for shit they have no control over.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home