My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Don't Grab A Pot On Fire - You Will Get Burned

In case some of you did not know...if you grab a pot that is on fire your hand will get burned. Yes it's true. I know this may come as a surprise but skin does not respond well to fire.

I learned this lesson this weekend. So tragic...So stupid

I put some water to boil on the gas stove that we have. I placed my vegetables in the pot and placed the lid on the pot and set my timer. I forgot to leave room so the steam could vent out the top of the pot. So while I was away the water boiled up and over down onto the gas flames.

NOT GOOD!

The top of the stove was in flames...YIKES...

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the pot which was on fire...now not only was it on fire but it had a metal handle...yeah real smart...

So I dropped the scalding hot pot on the stove with my vegetables and turned off the gas which is what I should have done to begin with.

I put out the fire and all disaster was averted except for the burns on my right hand.

Lesson learned...

7 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger tinkerfaerie said…

    Ouch! Be more careful next time. Always have a piece of wet cloth ready in case you need to hold any steel handles.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yeah I know Tinkerfaerie - i should know better. But the Kitchen and I have never really gotten along.

    This is just the latest in a long trail of misunderstandings! :-)

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Ouch Matt! It may be time to invest in one of those standalone steamers.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jess and Josh said…

    owie! You know the moral of this story right? Don't eat vegetables!

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    the microwave is my best friend ;)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Ha Ha - Yeah Jason - the microwave is usually my best friend too - I tried to widen my circle but it didn't work out too well...

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Nettie said…

    Aww...hope you don't scar.
    -Nettie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home