My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Double Meaning - Misunderstanding

Saturday night I texted my friend Heather to find out what they were up to. She texted me back that she was with one of her friends at Neighbors. I texted her that I would come out. I got ready and drove to her place. I searched for a parking space for 40 min before finally texting them saying I was going home b/c parking was so bad.

She called me as I was on my way home and asked me where I was. I told her about the parking situation in Midtown to which she responded...Midtown...that is nowhere near Virginia Highlands...at that moment my parents beeped in and the call with Heather was disconnected.

Then while I was talking to my parents it hit me...

When Heather texted me "Hanging with John at Neighbors..." she meant a BAR.

I thought she meant she was hanging out at her "neighbors" apartment.

I felt like a complete idiot and texted her back that I was staying in for the night.

What a DUMBASS mistake to make....oh well...

5 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger reno said…

    Hello !

    greetings from Belgium !

    Regards

    Renaud

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hey Reno,

    Thanks for the shout out - Hope all is well in Belgium!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger DaphKat said…

    Hey Matty,

    Next time when I call you to come to Neighbors, I bet you will know what I mean! hehe. Really though, we mised having you there. Love your blog, btw.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger dey dey said…

    Hey thats not your fault... They shouldnt name a bar Neighbors... duh!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Dey Dey - LOL - I agree damnit :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home