My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rejection - The Mother Of All Bitterness

So I set the record for the shortest "date" day before yesterday in the history of my dating life. The date lasted all of 40 minutes. I arrived promptly at 7:00 at the local coffee shop and was back in my car on my way home at 7:40 pm. In between was 40 minutes of awkwardness and forced coversation.

I could not tell you why there was no chemistry...its one of those mysteries of nature that will never be solved. Things went well when we talked on the phone, but it was awkward from the first moment in person.

Every topic of conversation seemed forced and nothing flowed well...

He was a nice guy...there can be no doubt about that...

Now even though the title of this is post is Rejection - The Mother Of All Bitterness, that does not imply that this was anything but a mutual rejection. Neither of us wanted to the torture to continue...

But still - deep inside - there is a little part of me..that feels that...even though I did not want him, he should have wanted me...

Wow...have I become arrogant? I don't think so...

I simply think that people dont like being rejected in any shape or form...and...

We especially hate being rejected by those who we ourselves would normally reject.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    How dare people whom we reject have the nerve to feel the same way about us!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    LOL - I know right - it's insane...:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home