My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Number Given - Never Answered

I knew this guy back in Dallas....he had recetly broken up with his boyfriend and was having a hard go of it in life...we hung out one time and had coffee...it was a good time...there was going to be no dating because he had just broken up with his boyfriend and I don't think he was interested in me as a potential dating partner.

As the weeks, months passed we became a little better friends...talked on the phone I even help him get an interview at my place of business...he did not get the job...but still...things continued..

Then I moved to Atlanta...and we lost touch....

He told me he was thinking about moving away from Dallas and mentioned Atlanta but I never took him that seriously...

Well three weeks ago, I was at my gym working out when he showed up and walked right in. He walked over and said he had moved to Atlanta in January...We caught up briefly and I learned he was working as a bartender at a local bar...

Being in the middle of my workout, the conversation was pretty short...but right before he walked off he said "Let me put my number in your phone..."

I replied of course b/c he was such a nice guy and a very cute one at that...I told him i would call him....and we parted ways..

Well - almost 3 weeks later and several messages left and no response from my friend from Dallas...no response at all...no text and no phone call back

If he calls, then great..if not then that is ok too...who knows...maybe he is busy or whatever...

I am not bitter against him..lol...to be honest I had not thought of him before three weeks ago...but it just confuses me....why would you offer your number to someone and then never call back..

Seems kind of strange to me...

4 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous hbjock said…

    Awww don't worry about it cutie.. he'll come around, and if he doesn't who cares... you're hotter than hell :)

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Ryan Charisma said…

    Delete the number and if he offers to put it back on your phone - just say 'no thanks'

    And DO NOT tip him if he makes you drinks at the bar he works at. But you must go to his bar looking great and surrounded by fun, exciting people.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Nettie said…

    Um, he was looking for new friends in Atlanta maybe?

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Perhaps Nettie - Im not sure why he would have offered to put his number in my phone - but oh well - ya just let em move on...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home