My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dinner, Drinks, and Weirdness - Another Saturday Night

Do you ever have that experience with someone at a bar that totally changes your opinion of them? Last night I had such an experience. This guy that I have known for a couple of months was there with his friends. I have hung out him many times and had drinks with him at a local bar...very nice guy...

Well last night on our way in, I waived hi to him and called out his name to say hey...he seemed to place his head down and ignore me...I blew it off and then walked in with our friends to get a drink.

Later on in the night, he walked past us again and I said hey again to him. He didn't even look up as he mumbled hi and walked past us at a fast pace. Even my roommate noticed it and was like "what is he pissed off for". I had no idea....

I thought that maybe this guy was on a mission to get drinks or something but he went to stand in the bathroom line about 4 feet from us...and yet he still could not say hi or respond...

Outside I was upset b/c I felt he was acting like a jerk but inside I was wondering if I had inadvertently done something to irritate him. I still don't know.

His personality is very sarcastic and very biting...towards people at his work and even people in general so I knew that he would not respond well if I brought it up...I knew he would blow it off with some sarcastic remark...which he did...

I sent him a text message (yeah - I prob should have called him but I was kind of upset)...and I asked him if I had pissed him off.....he responded by saying no...and what would give me that impression...again I responded by saying he ignored me all night and even my friends noticed....he replied that my friends had too much time on their hands....to which I replied I see I have my question answered..see ya....

There were some other things that went on that were irritating too...such as he and his group of friends were sitting at the table next to us on the patio at the bar and kept purposely bouncing up and down on their stool which was connected to our table to..this caused our stool to bounce up and our drinks would spill and all that shit...they could have cared less and acted like jerks about it...not cute...

So anyway...I still don't know what to think....I mean if I look back it was kind of one way in terms of us hanging out when we did...he never called me...he never texted me...I usually always texted him to say hi and see how he was doing...

When we did hang out in the past, he was always very generous to offer drinks, etc...which confuses me all the more why he acted the way he did last night...

Oh well...as of this point, I don't see us hanging out again...It appears to be pretty much dead...I will still think of him as a nice guy...

But as my roommate said...friendships are built over months and years...but can be destroyed in a matter of seconds...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Matthew said…

    Sounds to me like he's pretty moody. If I were Dear Abby, I advise you to steer clear of this guy. Things don't look good for a LTR, and even a superficial friendship does seem, as you put it, one way. That's not too healthy, dude.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Matthew in Portland said…

    That's Matthew in Portland, not Atlanta. :)

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    your roommate's words are so, so true....

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I agree Sangroncito - Sam's words were very wise....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home