My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Friend Sam - Speaking His Mind

So my friendship with Sam goes back many years...

And there is one thing that I love about Sam...Ironically it is the same thing that can drive me nuts...ha ha

He is probably one of the most quick witted people I know.

His mind can think so fast and say things so quick, he can put you in a corner before you even have a chance to open your mouth.

Most of the time, his comments make me laugh so much...

Below are just a sampling:

SCENE: Sam and I are in Starbucks, and a very attractive guy is sitting at a table. The guy looks up at me and smiles and nods. I tell Sam...

Sam: "Come on Matt - If he were really looking this way, he would have to be looking at me." Ha Ha

SCENE: Sam and I at the same starbucks that night ordering our drinks. The barista asks me if I would like a tea - asks if I would like herbal or black passion.

Sam: "Matt doesn't like anything BLACK or PASSIONATE!" - lol

SCENE: Sam and I are at the house with the tv on in the background. We are discussing how I do not like to go to the bars as much as he does. We are also discussing one of my friends who doesn't like going to bars either.

Sam" "I find that people who aren't attractive are usually the ones who don't like going to the bars."

In Sam's defense, he immediately said that he was not referring specifically to me in that last statement...ha ha

I love Sam for his quick wit - sure it can drive me insane but it also makes me laugh and smile...

Sam and I are very different - and we have agreed that if we met today we would not hang out in the same circles and probably not be friends....

I am certainly glad that the Lord had my path cross with Sam when it did. With almost 10 years of history, my life would certainly be less without his friendship.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    sam sounds like my bf he speaks his mind also. need them kind of peeps around.

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Dennis said…

    I feel the same way with some of my friends too. The conditions in which we met are so weird and unique that I don't think they could be recreated today. I guess you gotta be thankful for what you have and be open to new unique conditions. Even best friends started out as strangers, huh?

    http://www.likeabox.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I bet you 2 are a blast to hang out with. You trying to be all subtle and then Sam slapsticking back. It is probably never a dull moment!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    what can i say...

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Hahahha... what an interesting friendship! Hmm... I'd rather keep my comments and opinions to myself at this time :)))

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    well...Matt, i should also clarify that i said people that are unattractive and or socially inept dont go to bars. But i have to say that i will be joining them as i attempt to avoid drinking...it makes me socially inept.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Sam is cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home