My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Midtown - Where The "Happy" People Are?!?!

So I am walking into my job this week very early and one of the new hires walks in with me. He introduces himself and tells me that a group of the "younger" people in the office get together every Friday and go out for lunch. Not knowing anyone and definitely "younger" I say yes.

So later in the day I email him and ask him the usual questions about how long he has been here in Atlanta and what areas he would recommend for an apartment.

He lives very close to the office in a place called Smyrna - very close to Vinings - Vinings is a place I would compare to Addison Circle in Dallas based on what I know about it. Very Yuppy-ish.....

So I mention to him in an email that Samuel wants to live in Midtown but I have not heard much about any of the areas in Atlanta.

So he responds and says "ha ha...yeah...Midtown is where the "happy" people live."

I just had to laugh at that...

I don't know why it struck me as funny - I would have assumed he would just said gay or homosexual but he used happy in quotation marks...that just cracks me up...

Well one thing I can say about this office is that the gay people are well represented....From what I can tell a few managers and many employees are.

I could have sworn I overheard one of them talking about his partner to a fellow employee in the bathroom the other day. You would NEVER have that kind of openness in the Dallas office where I used to work...but I like it....

So anyway - the younger people in the office don't seem to be the most open minded group of people which is kind of surprising to me....but oh well

I think this one girl has a crush on me - I honestly don't know how to respond lol

It has been ages since a woman showed interest in me - I should just wear a sign that says "Sorry honey I am gay and starting to date someone here in Atlanta."

She seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with though - great personality and very positive girl...

I think we would get along....

I am one of those "happy" people after all...

9 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I like "Happy" people myself. Great to see you have arrived in your new home!

    When are we coming down? May be a while now...We are starting custody proceedings which is draining me financially.

    I am glad to see y9ou posting again and willlove hearing about your adventures as you get settled in!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Heheh the "happy" people?? Hmmm well I rather be a "happy" person than someone seriously depressed or totally lost without a clue ;)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    With all the shit you hear about the ATL, you wouldn't think there are happy people there.

    Do you like Atlanta so far?

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I love Atlatna so far - Its hard to navigate b/c the city is so new but I am having a great time so far - where do you live at crystal?

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous ThatGuy said…

    Smyrna is definitely where the "unhappy" people live-LOL

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    Whoa... did I miss something??? Are you dating someone already Matthew??? (reference to your sign) You are supposed to WAIT for when *** I *** come to Atlanta BEFORE you hook up and get married!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to agree with thatguy- on smyrna... and brett...its too early for dating!!!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ha ha - you guys are too funny -
    ...
    No I am not dating anyone yet
    ...
    brett - when ya coming to ATL? :-)

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger costa rica said…

    Hello I want to congratulate to you. This site is fantastic, looks like entertained and very good to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my site of the Web
    Our real estate listing includes great opportunities on Costa Rica Central Valley’s provinces such as San Jose, our Capital, with remarkable cities as Escazu at the west, or Curridabat at the east, experiencing a great development on both commercial and residential properties, making their real estate pricing highly attractive to investors; on other hand, Alajuela city gathers places with a very special warm weather such as Grecia, La Garita and Atenas, or beautiful farms for agricultural, cattle or nature preservation purposes as those located on San Carlos or Sarapiqui. We also offer land properties in Guanacaste, which is the province, along with Puntarenas, with the most beautiful tropical beaches on the Pacific Coast such as Tamarindo, Playa Grande, El Coco, Playa Hermosa, Nosara, Samara, Herradura, Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Dominical and Golfito, where the real estate business occupies the first place as the local economic activity.
    Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica
    Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home