My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Gate Keeper - What Comes To Mind Should Sometimes Stay There

I met this guy here in Atlanta. We are not dating. We are barely friends at this point. I have only hung out with him a few times. And he has an amazing ability to hit every nerve imaginable within me.

We have all had those experiences...We all know that guy. You know who I am talking about. The one that can't speak of others for fear the attention might leave him. The one who compliments himself more times than Cher changes outfits during a concert! Yes... you know him...some of his catch phrases are..

"You have to meet my friends - they are all so hot!"

"I just bought a new car, it cost so much money!"

"I can introduce you to *insert famous star here*...they are a close personal friend."

"I can't believe I spent so much money last week. I have to get my spending under control. I just have so much to spend."

I. I. I. I. blah! blah! blah! Me. Me. Me.

Damn - I sound like a Brady kid with a jealousy complex.....

Now don't get me wrong - these phrases are not bad at all when interspersed with normal conversation - but when they are the only things spewing forth from that spicket of self-indulgence he calls a mouth, any guy becomes a bore...

All this person talks about is himself...his money...his famous friends...his hot friends, him, him, him, - ahhhhhh! lol

I guess it all flows from insecurity...who knows....but Im not sure we will be friends. Friendship is a dialogue and when we are together, it tends to be one long monologue about him....

Maybe I should take him to a repair shop - his gatekeeper is obviously broken!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I used to have a friend like that...key word...USED TO HAVE! When I grew up and became an adult I pulled away from him more and more. Too much for me to deal with.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger The Gock said…

    I used to fool around with this stripper who acted JUST like that. It was all I could do to keep my cock in his mouth to shut him up from talking about all his rich and influential friends and his armani suits and BMWs and all the things that I told him that i didn't give a royal shit about. He never did understand - after the 3rd time that I had a 1 hour cell phone call with him where he called me so he could talk about himself... I told him not to call back. ;)

    I guess the only thing you could do would be to take it as a compliment? I mean - why would he expend all this energy trying to impress you if he didn't find you either intimmidating or VERY alluring?

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Try a gag!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Topher said…

    He'd probably be delighted to know a whole post has been dedicated about him _(++)/ yikes

    Yeah, doubt I'd be friends with someone like that either. Friendship works both ways

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    thank God this isnt me

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger ElovesU said…

    How about the friends who are gay and the only things they talk about is,

    Sex
    Drugs
    Fashon
    Sex
    Drugs
    Fashon

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    "spewing forth from that spicket of self-indulgence he calls a mouth"

    Excellent! I might have to borrow this phrase :)

    Insecure attention whore? Sounds like. Good for entertainment value.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Jim - that phrase is yours to use anytime you want :-)

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    Oh Elovesu...that is me...it sells!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home