My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Updates, Updates, Updates - It's Been A While

I know it's been a while since I updated my blog....

My Lack of Blogging:

I am moving out of my apt this week and will begin my 5 week stint of staying with friends...:-) This is to avoid paying rent in September here in Dallas to saved money...I do have some good friends here in Dallas that are letting me stay with them rent free - woohoo!

Uhaul Situation:

Mechanic came out to my apt at 12:15 pm and told me that the radiator had a leak in it. He recommended me taking the truck back and getting a replacement. Well by the time I got back to the Uhaul place (around 12:45 pm), they had no other trucks available - so I didn't get to move my furniture and they STILL charged me the 33.00 charge...ugh - can we say Better Business Bureau complaint?!?!?

Work Update:

Busy, busy, busy - working long hours at work and at home -- grrrr - but it is needed this month. This is the last month before I transfer and I want to leave with a good impression....

Near Future of Blogging:

My posts will be scattered and inconsistent over the next month b/c of my living situation so I apologize....my normal blogging will resume when I arrive in Atlanta in September.....but I will update before that - unfortunately just not as regularly as I have been...

Take Care Everyone! :-)

8 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    We will be anxiously awaiting your return and watching for updates until then. Happy Moving!!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    I'm so glad for you Matt! I know everything in Atlanta will be great.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    I can't believe those bastards charged you for the U-haul when the truck was broken. Curses on them!

    Looking forward to your impressions on your new life in Atlanta.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger The Gock said…

    we'll be patient.... good luck with your move!

    Next time... buy a $4 jug of coolant and keep it topped-off for long enough to get your furniture moved. Then when you drive it back to the u-haul place... park 2-3 miles away and empty the radiator... then start it up and drive it in. With any luck it'll either break down a few blocks away from the u-haul place with a complete engine meltdown or right as or right after you arrive to bring it back.

    oh! you mean to tell me there wasn't any flud in there?!? What? you expect ME to check and make sure YOUR truck is being maintained?!? Isnt' that what I pay YOU for?

    I'm an asshole, I know it.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Gock - ha ha - yeah I guess I am sometimes overly careful - i didnt want them coming after me for any damages so I decided to play it safe...

    But still - should not have charged me for the day

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Nettie said…

    Hope you enjoy your life outside of blogging, we'll be here when you get back!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger savante said…

    A new apartment in September! Woohoo! Can I help redecorate?

    Paul

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Savante,

    You can definately help redecorate b/c I did not inherit that gene....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home