My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Working Weekend - Sometimes Necessary

I spent all weekend doing work. I was at Starbucks Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. But it was not a bad thing at all. I was doing file reviews for my job for the first two months of the year.

I reviewed hundreds and hundreds of files...wow! Needless to say I am exhausted.

Now not to make it seem like more than it is...I was not reviewing every aspect of the file but rather certain parts of the file to make sure the information entered was correct.

But I dont care how much of a file you are reviewing...when you review 566 of them, you get tired, bored and just plain wore out.

But the awesome thing is that the review turned out some awesome results that I am excited to tell my immediate supervisor about on Monday.

The not so exciting thing...I still have March - June to review...LOL

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Here's to breaking through at work...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    When I was completing my Masters, I tried to do the Starbucks & homework thing at the same time. I know you're from Dallas, so you're probably familiar with this area - (I was there for 15 years b4 moving to Phx). I would go to the Starbucks on Lemmon, in Oaklawn - needless to say, I NEVER got much done there - too much eye candy walking in the door. I do not have that kind of restraint...I had to look :) So, I stayed at home to do homework and took breaks at Starbucks :)
    Congrats on getting so much work done.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I know the Starbucks you are talking about - and yes - there was always tons of eyecandy :-)

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Spider said…

    Here in Orlando, at least in Thornton Park, Starbucks = Eye Candy...

    Isn't it nice when work turns fun and exciting...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home