My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Truth Of Friendships - An Impromptu Writing

Friendships taken many forms
But the friendships that endure
Are those that challenge and shape us
Those that force us to examine our lives
And when we find something that needs to change
They help to find the correct path to take
These friends force us to make choices
Choices that we may not understand
But we know because out of trust
That they are the best for us

Friendships take many shapes
We may not always recognize them
But soon they become clear and endure
Becoming the fabric and foundation of love
Strengthening us for the challenges of this life
And giving us the hope to endure hardships
Allowing us an outlet to share and cry
Giving us a shoulder to lean upon
They endure both good and bad


7 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger savante said…

    Whoa. Did you write that yourself? Cool!

    Paul

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hey Mr. Savante,

    Yes I did write that myself - thanks for the compliment..

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Sorted Lives said…

    That was incredible. Beautifully written. Thanks for making me smile on this Saturday morning. Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Very nicely stated. Friends really do help make us who we are. There were periods in my life when I didn't have many good friendships. I cherish the beautiful friends I have now.

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was beautiful. I've come to a point in my life where I think it is hard to make friends, particularly with the moves I have had to make. I miss the time when it was easier.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Stammhirnlied said…

    It was Maya Angelou who once said: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." I always keep that at the forefront of my thoughts whenever I interact with certain persons. Sometimes, one gets the feeling of doing too much for others and not have enough done back... the funny trick however is that after a while you stop keeping tallies and no-one never knows that the pleasure becomes all mine... all mine...

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Brad said…

    Nicely said Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home