My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

What Have You Done Today To Make Yourself Proud? - A Great Question!

>I have never been a big fan of Queer As Folk...actually it is not that I am not a big fan...it is more that I have never really watched it so I did not know anything about the storylines...well my roommate is a huge fan...he basically rented the entire series from Blockbuster...so I have now seen most of the episodes...including the finale.

During the finale, a song is played by Heather Small called Proud. I have never been much into the dance scene so not suprisingly I had never heard the song before...but the song poses the interesting question of "What have you done today to make yourself proud?"

I downloaded the song and listened to it over and over again. I was caught up in the dance beats, the rhythm, the sudden urge it created to jump and dance and lose yourself in the moment. It was awesome. Then I listened to the words and I really began to love the song.

It is a song that makes you happy...a song that makes you want to lose yourself in all the good things you have ever been able to accomplish in your life...a song that just makes your soul scream and want to break loose.

Taken to a deeper level, the song begs the question that we should ask ourselves on a daily basis...are we able to look back at each day and see something that we are proud of...something that we did or something that happened during that day that made that our lives better....that made us better people...

I think I will try and start lookin at my life and trying to see those things that make me proud to be who I am...I am already proud of the person I have become..but I think I and everyone for that matter should be on a mission of constant improvement...to be the best people we can be...

So tomorrow try and find something that makes you proud...and celebrate that fact and then celebrate who you are...celebrate everything about you...always be proud of who you are...for God...or destiny..or whatever you believe...the one who is greater than all of use made no mistakes...

Below is the video - it is the video of the original version which is just as good - I listened to the remix version but the version below is just as good.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger CR said…

    Great Post. I love this song and I love the lyrics too.

    Reflection and self improvement is what we should be all about. We can't live our lives the way we did yesterday, or without helping others.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger David said…

    It's a great song, it was used as the official song of the UK's bid for the Olympics in 2012, and we got them! I guess the lyrics can apply to any number of sutuations, very clever

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Very cool song, thanks for posting the video. I was a late bloomer to Queer as Folk. Discovered the show, like so many tv shows, on Netflix.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I have loved the song from Day 1 and I first heard it on QAF. We have it all on DVD but we also watched it on Showtime. That song is such a theme for gays and Pride. I hear it at the bar everytime we go!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger El G├╝ero said…

    Still haven't seen QAF.

    Ok, tomorrow I'll be out and proud!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Spider said…

    What a great way to start the day - find a way that day to be proud - think I need to start doing that - thanks for an EXCELLENT post!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous hb jock said…

    Love that song, I've been a big fan for a long time :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just heard this song for the first time last night while shopping. How inspirational. I found myself thinking that these are great words to live by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home