My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Getting Back To The Basics Of Fun - A Day At The Park!

So yesterday I went to the park with a friend to throw around the frisbee. I almost did not go, but I was so glad I did. I had so much fun. I had forgotten what it was like to just go outside and enjoy life. To have simple fun for a change.

I sweated my ass off and ran it off too lol...but I had a blast. Well actually my friend ran more than I did. I didn't have as good of aim as he did so he had to run a lot to catch my throws...but it was still fun. I laughed and smiled so much. It was refreshing and unexpected. It showed me that sometimes the simple things in life can be so rewarding and fun.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said…

    Ain't that the truth :)

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    There's something I haven't done in a long time! Glad you found something rewarding and fun :)

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger deanos said…

    This might be just what my partner and I need to do for a little change. The monotonous task of going home, talking about work, eating dinner, and watching TV has become too boring. Thanks for the idea.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    Glad you enjoyed the moment. Push through those times when you "don't feel like it" and usually you'll find that you're glad that you did.

    :)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger savante said…

    Playing frisbee sounds like a helluva fun!!

    And I love the song proud too. Actually caught the whole Queer as Folk series on DVD.

    Paul

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger El G├╝ero said…

    Isn't there a heat wave happening down south? It must have been like throwing a frisbee in a sauna.
    Hmmmm....sounds like fun!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Simple, fun, free. You have to love that :)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yes you do Jim - especially when you are a broke boy like me :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home