My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Changes At Work - More Enjoyable

So over the past couple of weeks, there have been some great developments at my job that have made it more enjoyable. It is amazing what a few changes can make in your outlook on your job.

I began training some of the new people at work. They are able to sit with me and watch how I work my files. I take them through the computers system and teach them about how to interact with the customers etc. It is almost as if this has given me new life and new purpose at work. Also, many of these new employees come to me constantly to ask questions and get advice. I do not think I have ever felt more important in my career than I do right now.

I have received praise from my direct manager about some of the employees I have trained due to their proficiency in documentation. The compliment from my manager means almost as much to me as a raise. It is very rewarding to sit with an employee, train them, send them out on their own, and to see them successful and confident. That is quite possibly the biggest reward.

There are several other changes which are going to be great....one of which is that I may have a new schedule soon. I may be switched to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. The change was suggested to our manager during out last unit meeting at work. This would be great because I love having a day off during the week and I do not mind getting up on Saturday morning to work. In fact my first job out of college was a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule and I loved it...so I guess we will see...

So yeah - work is lookin much better nowadays. I am not sure how long this will last but I will ride the wave as long as I can.

Yeah yeah yeah...I know this is not the usual deep, life challenging post I usually make, but I thought it would be nice for you guys to hear about some of the stuff happening in my life for a change.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Definitely ride it, glad things in your workaday life are smooth.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    Sounds like nice changes are happening. Being a facilitator, I can totally relate to the satisfaction you feel with sharing knowledge and seeing them apply it. Good job!

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger El G├╝ero said…

    Good work!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger tinkerfaerie said…

    You're brilliant! Now I need to try to be brilliant while working on the most dreaded thesis. Blah. You keep up the good work occay?

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sorted Lives said…

    Glad things are going well. Enjoy the wave -- they dont come around often!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home