My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Life - The Sum Of All Your Decisions

"Your life is the sum of all your decisions."

Such a simple yet true phrase. Sometimes we are so consumed with every possible consequence of every possible decision that we end going nowhere and doing nothing. Every question that comes to mind and every thought is simply an addition to the "complete" you.

What clothes do I wear today?

Which route do I take to work this morning?

Which movie do I see?

Which person do I agree to go on a date with?

Which car do I buy?

Which apartment do I rent?

Which person do I say hi to today?

Do I give that extra dollar to the beggar on the street?

Do I smile at a complete stranger?

Do I hold a door open for someone?

Do I let that vehicle in the right hand lane get over in front of me?

None of these questions is insignificant - but none of them were meant to stop us dead in the tracks of life.

Every single decision in and of itself is not an indictment of your life - it is a summation of the overall you. So don't sweat the small stuff. Your life is the sum of all your decisions. Go out and enjoy life and the world.

"You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her..."

--Winston Churchhill

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Topher said…

    I'm guilty with that where I tend to overthink some little actions. And yet later on, wonder about all the could have beens.

    Ahh, little acts that one does just for the sake of doing it since we don't know when someone might need that act of kindness to get them through the day.

    Passing it forward I suppose. Either that, or just so I can tell myself before I go to bed, "ey, you did good today."

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Greg said…

    Dude, you need to put up some more pictures. The one on there is hot! Wow... I sound creepy. You seem cool, too! I like reading your blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home