My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

When The Flames Of The Past Come Back Around - Damn Them!

Last night I went out to the Round Up. The local country gay bar. I love country bars. I love the atmosphere, the people, everything about it. Everyone is so laid back and relaxed.

Well I decided to go out and have a few drinks even though I had to work in the morning. Anyone who knows me, knows I love my Skyy Vokda. So I am out drinking it up, talking, and laughing with one of my friends when I accidentally lean in too quick and bump my nose directly into my friends shoulder. I lean up and rub my nose...because it hurt obviously. My friend also reaches up and grabs and rubs my nose.

Then my friend tells me that this guy behind me was checking me out....checking me out UNTIL my friend reached up and grabbed/touched me. I turned around and looked to see who it was. I knew him. His name was Kevin.

To say Kevin is hot, is a definite understatement. I wanted to date this guy so much. We went out to dinner a few times, and I thought had a good time...but he stopped calling and slowly lost interest. Slowly he would stop acknowledging me when we would run into each other at the bars.

My friend told me I should go talk to him because he was checking me out. I tell my friend:

"He can come to me if he wants to talk to me. I spent enough time chasing after his ass..."

Well right as I was finishing that statement, I looked up and guess who smiled and waived at me from across the bar...you got it!

So I smile and waive back politely and then look away...

I look back and he is gone. Damn! I think. I wanted to look at him some more...

Well then I feel a tap on my shoulder and its him...hubba hubba!

We hug, talk, smile, laugh, catch up....good times. Kevin mentions that he is leaving Dallas in a few weeks and I add that I am too. I tell him all about my Atlanta story and he tells me about his future in Los Angeles. We are catching up and I am enjoying talking to him so much...

I can feel the conversation coming to a close and every fiber in my being was yelling "ASK for his number...ASK for his number!"

But I didn't...I couldn't...

That is not how it was supposed to be. I had already spent enough time hoping and wishing for Kevin back when we went out. If he wanted my number, then ya know what, he should have and could have asked for it.

Why should he have asked for my number this time, you ask?!?!

Because I am worth it...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    You're damn effing right you're worth it! Every time I look at your photo in your "profile" I think "what a hot dude"...and intelligent and smart, too.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I agree with sangroncito here. You ARE worth it and should have to chase no one;...are are the one that should be chased...if I was younger and closer...and single...I'd be ALL over you in a heartbeat (or not cause you are way over me on the HOT scale!)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Of course you're totally worth it.. and you already know how I feel about you.. or you should :). But yeah, it would be kinda harsh getting a guy's number and then having him move to the complete opposite end of the world in a couple of weeks, probably to never see him again :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home