My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Leaving Dallas, Texas - Second Time Around

My friend Samuel has his ticket to come out to Dallas, TX on Wed Sept 21...

He will be spending a few days in Dallas with me before we leave on Saturday Sept 24 to drive to Atlanta...

Two more weeks is all the time I have left in Dallas.

Things are getting wrapped up at work.

This is a different feeling than I had the first time I left Dallas in the fall of 2003 for North Carolina. When I left in October 2003, I did not feel much sadness at all because I had this feeling that I would be back. I still had friendships here and had many connections here in Dallas.

Now it is different...

This time I have a heavier feeling of sadness because I do not see myself coming back here anytime soon (but never say never right!?!?). I will never say never, but the connections I have in Dallas have shrunk to a few close friends who I love...

So this time I leave with a more sober feeling of what I am doing and why I am doing it. I am not moving this for anyone else other than myself....to make ME happy!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    You are going to love your new life in Atlanta. I look forward to reading about your impressions and feelings when you get there.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger m4mhouston said…

    We are planning to vist Dallas next weekend for Gay Pride. You planning to be there for a final weekend on the town?

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Gay Pride is in September in Dallas?? Hmmm interesting...

    Anyway, I know how you feel about leaving a place. I felt that way about Orlando... I still wonder whether I'll ever be back. I sure do miss that place!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yeah I do not know if Pride is happening or not - i just meant that I will still be here in town

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Nettie said…

    I hope the move does make you happy :)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger The Great Cranky One said…

    Matt,

    I can so relate to the heavy feelings as you prepare to move. I was the same way when I moved to Little Rock to be with my partner. I felt like I was killing the life I had in Fayetteville. I now know that change is good and is healthy. I miss Fayetteville terribly but I also adore living here with Michael.

    I hope it is the same for you that though you will miss Dallas you will love Atlanta.

    -Tim
    aka The Great Cranky One

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Brad said…

    Good luck Matt, Keep in touch

     

Post a Comment

<< Home