My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Speaking of Bad First Impressions - The Worst One Yet!

OK...I did not think this would actually ever happen. So my phone rings this evening and it is this guy who gave me his number yesterday when we were chatting online. He asked me to call him last night before I went to bed so I did.

I gave him a call and left my name and number for him to call me back. He did not call back last night. Instead he calls today....that is ok.....

So I answer the phone and say hello.....and.......well.....i just need to type this shit out for you to read it....

Me: "Hello?"

Idiot: "Is Matt there?"

Me: "This is he."

Idiot: "Hey Matt. This is "Idiot"!"

Me: "Hey "Idiot", how are you doing?"

Idiot: "Good...What are you up to?"

ok...so it sounds like it is going well - nice normal introductions...it just goes downhill from here.....

Idiot: "So...um...what was your screenname?"

Me: "On gay.com?"

Idiot: "Yeah..."

Me: "Ahhh..so you dont know who I am?"

Idiot: "Well...I just didn't remember giving out my number."

Me: "How many guys you give your number too?"

I proceed to give him my screenname to look up...

Idiot: "You probably think I am the biggest asshole right now."

I DONT RESPOND - THAT ONE IS TOO EASY!!!!!

Me: "Hey man...who I am to judge - be yourself."

Idiot: "Cool..."

So he proceeds to place me on hold for not one call..but two calls...LOL - he finally clicks over and proceeds to sign onto gay.com but cant find my screenname signed online....ugh

I proceed to spell it out for him again. I finally have to IM him so he can see my profile...

Idiot: "Ohhh..thank God its you?"

Umm...now are you thinking what I am thinking? Thank god its me??? Is he giving his number out to crazy people (like I have apparently?)"

Idiot: "So I was about to take a shower. I will give you a call when I am done with the shower and If you are up to no good, you can come over."

Hmmm...I dont remember asking if i could...or even implying that I wanted to come over...hmmmmm

Me: said as chuckling "Ok bro..."

Idiot: "Talk to you in a few..."

Me: "Bye."

OK...now people what is the moral of this story --- try, try, try to remember who you give your number to...and at least fake it when you are talking to them. DO NOT put them on hold to look up a profile on gay.com and then just come out and ask for sex...OMG

This has to rank as one of the worst first impressions...EVER....

Where are all the normal guys????

I will blog about his second call after the shower once it happens...IF it ever happens LOL :-)

Love you guys

-Matt

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger drifter said…

    Hey -

    First, I am totally hooked on your blog.

    Second, I believe we share a lot of the same thoughts, questions, frustrations, etc., with the "scene" and some of the interesting people we seem to encounter.

    I definitely feel better after reading some of your stuff and realize I am not the only one that feels these things sometimes.

    Thanks,
    -Defect

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    yeah. i had that happen to me recently...argh! But i have to admit there are several "trick" numbers in my phone, and sometimes i struggle to remember who they are as well...fortunately i havent called them drunk.

    But dont we all do it to an extent forget sometimes?

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Defect - thanks for reading my blog - I read yours - your latest entry was very interesting to read...

    look forward to reading more

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Heheh wow... then again, I've talked to a lot of guys like that. Sometimes I wonder... and surprisingly that's not the worst thing I've ever heard.. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home