My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Life - I Don't Really Wanna Fight No More

Have you ever reached that point that you just don't wanna fight any more.

I went out tonight for my evening run. I am finally getting off my ass and working out. I am going to bust my ass and keep in shape and you all are gonna keep me accountable....

But back to the focus of my blog...

I am at a point where I have no more energy to fight with life anymore. I throw my hands up. I waive the white flag and place it above my door. I feel like I have been fighting with life for far too long about what I want from it. I am calling a truce with my spouse (Life). The banner of peace is being lifted.....I think it's time to let go and let Life be Life....I think our relationship will be much better if I do....

I think Tina Turner said it best....

There's a pale moon in the sky
The kind you make your wishes on
Like the light in your eyes
The one I built my dreams upon
It's not there any longer
Something happened somewhere
And we both know why
But me, I'm getting stronger
We must stop pretending
I can't live this life

I don't care who's wrong or right
I don't realy wanna fight no more (Too much talking babe)
Let's sleep on it tonight
I don't really wanna fight no more (This is time for letting go)

I hear a whisper in the air
It simply doesn't bother me
Can't you see that I don't care
Or are you you looking right through me
Seems to me that lately
You look at me the wrong way and I start to cry
Could it be that maybe
This crazy situation is the reason why

I don't care who's wrong or right
I don't reaaly wanna fight no more (Too much talking babe)
Let's sleep on it tonight
I don't really wanna fight no more (Tired of all these games)
But baby don't you know
That I don't wanna hurt no more (It's time, I'm walking babe)
Don't care now who's to blame
I don't really wanna fight no more (This is time for letting go)

Hanging on to the past
It only stands in our way
We had to grow for our love to last
But we just grew apart
No, I don't wanna hurt no more

But baby don't you know
No I don't wanna hurt no more (Too much talking babe)
Don't care now who's to blame
I don't really wanna fight no more (Tired of all these games)
I don't care who's wrong or right
I don't really wanna fight no more (It's time, I'm walking babe)
So let's sleep on it tonight
I don't really wanna fight no more (This is time for letting go)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Always_Adventuring said…

    Great post with a great point. I love using music in my blogs too - music gets messages across so well.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Brad said…

    Life is continuous, therefore so is the fight, the other choice isn't an option. Your life is what you make it and what you feel is important to you, if the road is too hard time to look for another route, i.e re evaluate your priorities.

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    You know, as soon as I read the subject line to the entry, I started singing that song! And lo and behold, there it was...

    But hey, I've been there many times. Sometimes I wonder why I even try anymore.. sometimes I feel like giving up on life or sometimes life in general when I'm having a major downhill slope... not that I'd EVER consider suicide...

    But anyway... in time, it WILL pass.. and life will start to go up again, I promise you that.. and before you know it, you'll be singing "Happy Times Are Here Again" =))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home