My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Conversationally Dominant? - The Opposite of Shy Guy

So a few posts back I discussed the difficulty of meeting someone who has nothing to add to the conversation.

Well I have recently experienced a new species in the animal kingdom. He has been around for a while, but it is has been a long time since I had interaction with him.

I believe the subspecies category is I-am-going-talk-the-whole-time-about-myself-because-I-am-that-great-and-I-know-you-only-want-hear-about-me-and-you-dont-want-me-to-ask-you-any-questions-to-get-to-know-you-saurus.

I know - that is mouth full - i am suprised Encyclopedia Brittanica actually had a page on this animal.

I mean damn - come on - no matter how great you are, how exciting you think you might be, every now and then lets all learn to shut up for just a little bit and let the other person talk. I mean how are you going to get to know the other person if ya never let them speak.

Oh..and the afore-mentioned member of the animal kingdom...after he was done talking he was like...

Him: "Ok..your turn."

I respond: "What?"....

He says "Tell me about you."

I respond, "So it appears we are having two monologues instead of a dialogue I see."

Ugh - where are the people who know how to have an engaging conversation without dominating, without monopolizing, and without only talking about themselves....

hmmmmmmm......

So...anyway back to me and my needs..... :-)

8 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Addendum to this post ---
    **************************

    So the guys calls me today at my home # which I now have hooked up b/c of my cell phone issues.

    He calls and says "Hey."

    Im like, "Hey???"

    He says, "Its M***"

    I say, "Hi how are you?"

    He says, "Nothing...u?"

    I say, "Not much..."

    And then it ENDS!!!!! We sit there in silence. No real conversation. I had nothing to talk about. Hence why I did not pick up the phone and call him.

    So he calls me and just says hi and that is it.

    So it appears we have a bi polar conversationalist here. He either monopolizes the call or has nothing to say at all...

    Oh and to top it off..

    HE HUNG UP ON ME!


    ugh - gay men....will they ever learn?

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    I think you have as 'interesting' a dating portfolio as I do. I say we hook up your bipolar conversationalist with my coke head :)

    Heavy monologers are not my taste either.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Exactly Jim - I think it is a match made in heaven....

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Wow.... ummmm... geez... you see, you need to just stop playing around and come here so we can date already ;). Great conversational skills are essential to keeping any interest alive =)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Atlanta Single Man said…

    BFL Jock - already moving on eh? LOL just kidding~! This is an interesting blog! I enjoy reading it!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    Yeah i am verbal person, so i have to watch this alot.

    BUT Im STEAMED that after 8 1/2 years of friendship this trick has your home number and i dont...email it me immediately McKenzSLM@Hotmail.com OR i will be forced to write something nasty about you on the blog.

    Kind Regards,

    sam

    (j/k but seriously email it to me.)

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Well Mr. Samuel -

    As you know I have DSL. I have a land line that I use for DSL but I have never used it before. So even though I had it, it did not enter my mind to actually use b/c i always had my cell #.

    Well since my cell # went down this last week, it dawned on me to use my home #. So I have had my home # up and running for approx
    TWO days....lol

    So dont get your skin tight white leather pants in an uproar :-)

    I will email it to you today!!!!

    Love ya,

    Matt

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    Thanks for the email.

    Btw- i dont have "skin tight white leather pants..." but Ill be sure to look for some this weekend while vintage shopping for the next "uproar" sure to ensue.

    Kind Regards,

    Sam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home