My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Condoleeza Rice - A Republican Super Star!

OK....that previous post about republican assholes does not apply to her!! damnit!! ha ha....

Yes she is a Republican. An African American Republican at that. And to me honestly, her politics dont matter. I simply LOVE Condoleeza Rice. I dont know what it is about her!?!?

My Democratic friends would probably kick my ass for saying so, but I love her.

She is fresh, new and something that the republican party truly needs.

My question is how will the Democrats answer?

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am not a fan of the Howard Dean lets-yell-and-scream-and-bitch-and-gripe-and-pout-and-blame everything on the Republican Pary bullshit.

We know that as a Democrat you ideologically disagree with the Republicans. So STOP just yelling about it and lead our part to the forefront. Take us to the next level.

Lets ACT. Not just SHOUT!

Where is our superstar? Is it Hillary? Will she run against Condi in 2008? WOW! Now that would be race for the record books. I would love to see that race match up. It would be exciting.

A small part of me (Ok...a big part of me) would want to vote for Condi. I dont know why...her personality, the way she carries herself. I love it. Here is an excerpt describing her recent trip to Europe and how the European press loved her:

Indeed, the British press dubbed Rice "the Bette Davis of Diplomacy." The German press settled with describing the former figure skater and aspiring concert pianist as "coquettish." And her speech in Paris was the hottest ticket in town."

"The diplomatic tour marked for Rice her first foray onto the international stage as secretary of state. She draped herself in stylish suits, strappy heels, high leather boots and a toothy grin as she visited heads of state from eight European countries. If there is such a thing, Rice became the "it" girl of the GOP when she stepped into Germany in tall black leather boots. Washington Post fashion writer Robin Givhan said the look was something straight out of "The Matrix.""

"In general, she looks more polished and, for lack of a better word, fresher," said Givhan, who described Rice's look at an appearance at Wiesbaden as "draped in a banner of authority, power and toughness. She was not hiding behind matronliness, androgyny or the stereotype of the steel magnolia. Rice brought her full self to the world stage -- and that included her sexuality. It was not overt or inappropriate. If it was distracting, it is only because it is so rare."


GO CONDI...er...uh...I mean...GO HILLARY!?!?!?

12 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Ok, now you know I adore you... but I have to disagree with you on this one.. Condoleeza Rice, a star? I mean.. did you see the woman when she got questioned by the Senate Committe on 9/11?? When they asked her about an FBI/CIA report that came out prior to 9/11.. and they asked her what the name of the report was... she said "I believe the title was 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States'"
    Uhhh ... hello? And she was the National Security Advisor at the time?

    I'm sorry.. I know you love her, but I think she's just a puppet for Bush... really I do.. =)

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Now if you read my blog correctly you would remember this crucial statement:

    "And to me honestly, her politics dont matter. "

    I understand her job is to promote the republican agenda. LOL. Hello...she is a republican!

    I love her b/c of her personality and such...and whether we want to admit it, she is the "IT" girl of the GOP!

    :-)

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Every gay man loves a diva girl in charge...and lets face it...like her or not...Condi, is one queen bee.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    I agree with bflfjock79. She's taken a lot of heat for ignoring that memo that illuded to bin Laden planning an attack. As a black woman, I can respect her for "doing it big (a little slang there)." But as far as supporting her, she's going to have to convince me that she's "down."

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Kristal - i agree - she has a long way to go to actually getting my vote even though I think she is da bomb.

    If she werent serving in a republican administration you would have no clue where her loyalties lie.

    Except for the Iraq War and foreign Policy she is silent on many of her own personal beliefs. This makes sense as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State.

    Having her run for president would be interesting b/c all of her political ideologies would come to the forefront.

    As for right now, if it came down to Hillary vs. Condi....

    I have no clue who I would vote for!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    It would be intersting to see her run for president. It would be interesting to see how the press would treat her.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Rice is certainly charasmatic and I instictively like her even though she is Rebublican. President? I dont know. She is obviously an intelligent and strategic woman. I totally agreed with her column in the NY Times about Hussein's motives and agenda. I did not however back her support of the Iraq invasion. That alone would cause me to wait to see more of her actions as Secretary Of State ( a better role for her, I think).

    It still amazes me that she is 51! :)

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I know - i dont think she looks 51 at all.

    The thing I like about Rice is that apart from the Iraq Invasion she has favorable approval ratings among both Republican and Democrats!

    She looks like she could unite people from both parties which is something this nation needs after someone so DEVISIVE at Bush!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    um yeah I can spell - that should be DIVISIVE!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Kristal and Jim -

    I agree with both of you

    1.) Rice is very charismatic - more so than Bush - but then again anyone is better than Bush in that category

    2.) I would very interested to see how the press would treat her.

    I would also be interested to see how the African American community would react to her running for president under the republican ticket

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would just like to say one thing about Ms. Rice not looking 51... we know that that for the most part..."black don't crack"

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Michael J. West said…

    "black don't crack"

    Because it's okay to make tawdry and one-dimensional racial generalizations if they make the subject look better than everyone else!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home