My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Online Profiles - They are there for a Reason!

Anyone who is on America Online knows that you can create a profile on there. So my question is...why don't people read them!

Please see the following sample dialog:

Annoying Stranger: "Hey sup?"

Me: "Not much. How are you?"

Annoying Stranger: "Not much man. How are you tonight? You Looking?"

Me: "Doint great. Just hanging out. Chatting a bit. Not looking!"

Annoying Stranger: "Cool. ASL?"

Me: "No. My name is Matt. Are you looking for ASL?"

Now in my mind I am thinking: Why would you ask me to hook up if you didnt know which sex I was, where I was located, and how old I was?

Annoying Stranger: "LOL. No. What is your age? sex? location?"

Me: "Well its all in my profile! Did you not read my profile before you Imed me?"

Annoying Stranger: "No. I will read it now."

Me: "Why would you IM someone without reading the profile first? Especially if you were looking for a hook up?"

Annoying Stranger: "Yeah i just dont always read them."

About one minute passes......

Annoying Stranger: "Hello???...."

Another minute passes........

Annoying Stranger: "You still there...."

Another minunte passes........

Annoying Stranger: "Thanks for being a prick. night!"


Now let us analyze this conversation. Was I really being a prick? I dont think so.

Why the hell wouldnt he read my profile first? I hate it when people ask me ASL, especially when it is already in my profile. It's just annoying. I took the damn time to fill it out so you shouldnt ask me any questions that are answered in there.

And to be honest, do i really wanna talk to someone online who is asking to hook up with someone of unknown gender, unknown location, and unknown age. What if I was a retired plumber aged 76 living in Florida instead of Dallas?

Not the smartest cookie in the batch was he.....?

6 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    This is also annoying, like people that send you a picture of their torso. Right, sorry about you being decapitated!

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    LOL - i know - that must have hurt when they did that -

    but what amazing strenth to flex and hold the camera with such good coordination while having no head!

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Maybe there is a yoga video on the market for people that have been decapitated.

    "Now hold that pose ... and BREATHE, oh, wait, scratch that last part" lol

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    will you PLEASE just comment on my blog so I don't have to search for you every time :)

    I'm in dallas this summer!

    ~B

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    Hey, guys. This is Kristal and I'm just making an announcement.

    I've been doing some revamping of my website. My new url is http://liberal-lounge.blogspot.com

    My new display name is, of course, The Biased Reporter.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    LOL...I SOOOOO agree...DUDE! I am in a gay chatroom...good chance I am MALE! And I always so...ummm check my profile! Duh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home