My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Humble and Heartfelt Apology to an Awesome Friend!

Most of you have seen me write about my friend Samuel. Samuel and I have a long history together spanning 8 years. We met while in college at Baylor, and Sam has grown into one of my truest friends. Honest and blunt to a fault. Humble and loyal to a T.

This is my heartfelt apology to him.

I did not call him on his birthday.

I am without excuse. It was not out of spite for anything. It was a huge mistake and a huge slip of the mind.

I emailed my friend an apology today, but thought it was appropriate to add this to my blog because the title of my blog is "My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Well this mistake was a combination of the BAD and the UGLY!

So to my friend Sam. I love you. I have missed you so much as of late as we have strengthened and shored up our friendship. I hope that this does not set us too far back.

I offer to you an apology of heartfelt sincerity.

And most importantly, I ask your forgiveness.

Love,

Matt

4 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    OK -- :-)
    ***********
    i have deleted all comments on this post - this post was meant as a heartfelt apology to my friend Sam.

    It was not meant to be commented on.

    I am not looking for lecturing or anything or how to solve the situation.

    I made a mistake and hurt my friend.

    I apologized. That is it!

    Thanks guys!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    JUST FYI
    ********
    this is the lone exception in which I will ever delete comments
    ********

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    mmm. i didnt get to read the comments. Im just now getting on the blogging track again.

    It really doesnt matter what anyone else thinks because ultimately that was between us...

    how can anyone who reads this think they can comment adequetely on a few words about a dynamic friendship spanning almost a decade...please people...

    Anyways, the bottom line is that its over, and done with. No harm done.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    Besides, its NEVER too late to send a gift, cash, credit, gift certificates, cards, etc...

    :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home