My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Intelligence Test - Bush vs Kerry

This post is for all of those people who ragged on George W. Bush for being a complete idiot. Now I know that this post might upset some of my democratic friends but I dont give a shit.

I am a democrat. BUT...i am also a lover of TRUTH.

Kerry is a much better speaker than Bush. Hell most people are better speakers than George W. Bush. But speaking ability does not always equate to intelligence! I would say that it translates more to "charisma" than "intelligence".

This post really isnt about intelligence, per se. It is merely about one interesting point that came out in the presidential election of 2004.

During that elecion, Bush's grades at Yale were made a HUGE deal of. He called himself a C student and everyone criticized him for being average.

Not many people realized that John Kerry REFUSED to release his college transcripts from Yale during the presidential campaign. Why is that? Why would someone whom the media portrayed as having a much more stellar academic career at Yale hide his transcripts. Well maybe it is for this reason:

IN OVERALL AVERAGE, BUSH GRADUATED WITH A SCORE OF 77 AFTER 4 YEARS OF YALE!

IN OVERALL AVERAGE, KERRY GRADUATED WITH A SCORE OF 76 AFTER 4 YEARS OF YALE!

Hmmph...what to make of this interesting statistic....

Now I voted for Kerry! Make no mistake about it. I did not support George W. Bush in the last election...but I also want to be a supporter of the truth.

George W. Bush and John Kerry had very similar academic careers at Yale!

And yes I know that grades do not equate always to overall IQ or intelligence. But like I said earlier, intelligence is not the main point of this post. TRUTH IS!

And yes I know that those grades can also depend on the kinds of courses taken while at Yale!

But one does have to wonder about one point:

If Kerry was so confident about his STELLAR academic career, why not divulge the Yale transcripts sooner....

Just a thought to ponder from this truth-seeking Democrat!!!

P.S. - Interesting little note - while at Yale Kerry recieved 4 D's in his classes.
George W. Bush only received one.

Check out the link below:

  • Bush vs Kerry at Yale
  • 6 Comments:

    • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Workaholic said…

      I saw that on the news today too! truth rocks! I love how WCBS-TV (channel 2) in NYC said "millionaire Doug Forrester won the republican nomination for governor" then didn't say anything about Democrat John Corzine's hundreds of millions--he was just plain old "John Corzine." Both are millionaires, why single out the republican? Stupid media liberals.

       
    • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

      I agree - TRUTH Is great!

      Now I am not a huge Bush supporter but I do think honesty goes both ways!

      Tahitian..how did you find my blog?

       
    • At 6:32 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

      I personally don't care who's smarter. All in all, they both were smarter than me since they got into Yale, so why should I care?

       
    • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

      HA HA - too funny Kristal - :-)

       
    • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Michael J. West said…

      Must admit...I never thought of Kerry as someone with charisma. :-) John Edwards was the charismatic one on the Dem ticket.

       
    • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

      Michael - good point! :-)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home