My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Bagging a Str8 Man - A Gay Man's Fantasy!

So there is this guy I talk to online every now and then. We actually met in person at the bars and then met online and didnt realize we were talking to each other. Needless to say, he is a very nice guy. Very cute guy also.

So yesterday I decide to stay in and catch up on my sleep. I wake up this am to an IM from this guy. I IM him back and say hey. He states that he sent the IM to me at 4 am and he was drunk. He then proceeds to tell me about his night out at the clubs, particularly the gay dance club S4.

So I ask him if he danced up a storm b/c supposedly the "Babylon Tour" was there last night. Now I am a gay man supposedly in the "know" but I have not clue who or what the hell the "Babylon Tour" is. I later found out, but oh well, I digress...

He then states that he made out with a straight guy last night at the club. Now I have two initial problems with that. Typically a straight guy would not be out at a gay dance club 1.) alone without a girl attached to his hip and 2.) not on the night that the biggest dj/dancing/party tour comes to town.

But I dont challenge the story I simply add the "good for you" line that one friend gives to another to encourage them LOL.

He then goes on to add that the straight man wanted to take him home, but my friend turned him down (how noble of a horny gay guy not to take advantage of a straight guy!). Now I have two initial problems with this as well. Typically a truly straight guy would not 1.) take a guy home with him from a gay dance club on one of the biggest dance nights of the year 2.) typically, and I am stretching on this one, a truly straight guy would usually go home with a WOMAN.

Now....I dont care if anyone is gay, straight, bi, trans whatever.....you be what you wanna be, but we have to have some common sense. And this damn gay fantasy of bagging a straight guys just irritates me. No wonder some of them have a fear of becoming friends with us. LOL.

Is it a hot fantasy to have? Yeah I guess so...

Has every gay man seen a straight man he wanted to bag at some point? Hell Yeah!

But for all goodness and common sense left in the world lets agree on one simple point.

If a "Straight" man makes out with a guy, and wants to take him home, then chances are that he is not totally straight. I mean come on. He is probably bi, closeted, curious, or something of the sort. There is at least a part of him that is NOT so straight.

Now I do believe there is a difference between being homosexual and experimenting in homosexual behavior. Simply b/c a guy kisses a guy doesnt mean he is gay. There is definately a difference between behavior and orientation, but if a guy makes out with you, dances shirtless with you at a club, gives you his phone number, and then offers to take you home, it is not his first time at the rodeo! HE is not straight.

So lets break out of this fantasy world.

I for one do not want a bi guy, a straight guy, a whatever you wanna call yourself in order to feel more comfortable about your sexuality guy....

I am gay and I want to date someone who is comfortable being gay.

But what do I know...because then again

I have never bagged a straight guy!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    I think two men engaged in bagging each other are disqualified from strict hetero status. Oh, but there might be a loophole if you are at the Cadillac in FW and there have been more than 6 tequila shooters, I would have to check the rulebook to be sure ;) lol

    "Straight" is one of those words you have to take with a grain of salt, like "masculine" or "honest".

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Jim - agreed - its one of those terms that is thrown out there many times b/c the guys who use it think that calling themselves "straight" makes them more attractive to the other guy...

    which sad to say usually works from talking to my friends...

    for me at least if you tell me you are straight, or bi, or curious I lose interest really fast...:-)

    even though there is nothing wrong with being bi, curious, or even straight (ha, ha) but I am not lookin to mess around with you or date you....

    only gay men need apply

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Brechi said…

    Lol....good post. I am with you on wanting to date guys who identify as "gay". I have made out with "straight" guys, but I don't really think I'd wanna date them.

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    I think there is a HUGE difference between dating a str8 man and bedding one. Just huge. If we are going to talk about the spectrum of guys AND quantify them as dating material, str8 men are particularly non-dating material.

    However, having been in some interesting situations involving straight men, and usually a woman, I can tell you it's not all that special.

    Hope you had a good weekend

    Brian

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Matt-

    Ah, seems like those friends of yours could be confusing straight with masculine, which is just as silly as confusing age with maturity or wisdom. Or maybe they are experiencing "Forbidden Fruit Syndrome" lol :)

    I'm with the rest of crew, dont bother me if you think youre str8!

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I agree with you all

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I have a real problem saying a straight guy is going to have sex with a gay guy...the str8 guy must not be ALL THAT str8. I know from my experience that bagging a str8 guys leave..well...lots of baggage. AFter the deed they are guilt ridden and a pain in the ass and it is all YOUR fault for seducing them. Definitely NOT my thang!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home