My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Polite Lie - We Have All Done It

Ok...I know that we have all been guilty of this at some point in our lives...

You know the story - a really cute stranger in a coffee shop or store thinks that they recognize you from some place and they say something about it...

Cute Stranger: "Say...you just got your haircut didn't you?"

Me: "Yeah..i did..." (flat out lie)

Cute Stranger: "It looks good.." (He politely walks away...)

Me: "Thanks..."

Now...sometimes these interactions may be a not so skillfully disguised attempt by the cute stranger to approach you and just talk to you....

But mine today was no such attempt...he didnt even try to hang around and talk..he simply paid me the compliment and walked away...

And I did not have the heart to tell him that he had mistaken

So I took the misplaced compliment and smiled...

I mean after all...he said my hair looked good and with or without a haircut I must admit...I agree with him...my hair does look good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home