My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Personality Traits - Which One Drives Me Crazy?

Ok I just have to blog about it. I have been thinking about this all day and was even talking to a good friend about it.

I consider myself a patient person. I worked with kids ages 4 - 14, many of whom had learning disabilities, so I have developed a high patience level over the years.

I have also developed a very tough skin. Not only through my friendship with Samuel but also through my job.

But despite all my patience, I cannot stand INSECURITY. It drives me nuts.

When someone is not secure in who they are, I will try to encourage, but at some point I will lose all patience. I am a firm believer that you make your own destiny.

If you do not like something about yourself, YOU need to change it. BE ACTIVE. BE PROACTIVE.

I just dont believe in pouting or feeling sorry about it. I am a big proponent of bettering yourself for YOU. Changing yourself to feel better about yourself...not b/c of what other people believe.

So if you find yourself being insecure, not liking something about yourself...dont complain and pout...DO something and change it.

Do it for YOU. and for no one else.

And if you are a friend, I will gladly listen. But I will direct you to a solution. I will not coddle and endulge self pity. I want to be active in helping my friends. :-)

Is this post a little harsh? I hope not. It is a deeper look at the honest me. I dont often let strangers into the inner parts of my life, heart, and/or mind.

I am there for anyone who I call friend. As we all should be.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    You're like the little brother I never had ;)

    Not harsh but that security takes some people longer than others to develop. Some never seem to get it.

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    OUCH! Stepped on my toes! DAYUM that hurt. We all need a good dose of reality from time to time though. GREAT post!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As with the previous - another post which reveals a very similar quality we share. I liken it to "tough love". As they say, sometimes the truth hurts. It does neither of you any good if there problem lies within the individual and can be altered or changed. You want the solution? That is it. You want to hear me say "It will be ok?" then I will say it - but I will explain HOW it will be ok. :)

    -Your Violent Storm Buddy

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    LOL. Now you let them see-

    If the people who read our blogs only knew...that in real time, deep down, i am much much softer than my blog shows to the extent of being a pushover...and deep down in real time...you have the edge...

    if we keep this evolution going, your going to be a "grumpy old man". And me a total "Pushover Pops." LOL.

    Its funny; because it didnt start out that way- oh how the tables have turned over time.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Ha Ha - yeah samuel - it is funny that my personality and yours have somewhat switched over the years.

    You used to be the completely tough exterior and rough edged, and now it appears I would actually beat you out in that area.

    You are correct - oh how the tables have turned.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    What a wonderful post Matt! I find myself being mean to some guys that are insecure. Why do I do it? The truth is that sometimes I hear my whiney self in them, and I detest it with a passion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home