My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Not a Morning Person - Am I Really depressed?

I had been diagnosed with depression back in college. I have not suffered with it too much since being here in Dallas. The other day while I was carpooling to work with my buddy D, I suddenly thought, "What if I am not depressed. What if I am just NOT a morning person."

Sounds stupid right? I know...

Well, every morning I wake up, get dressed, car pool to work and start my day off basically feeling the same way I did when I was suffering from depression. I get to work, check my voicemail and write down all 21 messages i rec'd since leavnig work at 6 pm the previous day (arg)...and my day is off...

But usually by afternoon, I am all better. Maybe my body has adjusted, maybe subconsciously I know I only have a few hours left, so I start to feel better...

But all I know is that after lunch my day is 10 times better.

So I wonder....Am I really depressed or am I just NOT a morning person...lol

Stupid question, but at 12:48 am (I wonder why I am tired in the mornings lol) what else can you think about but random stuff....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    Most likely if you were depressed, you'd be depressed all day long. Sounds like it just takes a while to get your motor running.

    Plus, staying up all night on the computer will make any of us move in slow motion the next day (speaking from experience) :)

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Awwww.... well you can always call me up or bug me since you're hours ahead of me

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Thats not depression.

    I'm not a morning person either Matt, I don't feel human until 2 cups of coffee and the little hand reaches 10.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home