My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, July 18, 2005

In Love With Being in Love - Many Times Unrequited

I was listening to this song tonight. You can listen to it below. Most of you probably know it. It made me start to really ask the question. How painful can unrequited love truly be to a person. It can drive a person insane. But more so than that, how much more can being in love with "being in love" drive you crazy. :-)

this is an audio post - click to play


Love is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful emotion humanity possesses. It causes us to do amazing things, both good and bad. It can bring about the greatest happiness, but can just as easily send us into the greatest despair.

I think that many times people fall in love with the idea of being in love. It consumes them...takes them over. They long for that wonderful feeling to overtake them. The newness of a relationship. But after it is gone, they leave the relationship in search of that new, wonderful feeling again.

I think that I somewhat fall into this category. I am trying to change it. Learn to appreciate the simpleness of people. Appreciate the simple joys in life. We are all in a growing process...all on life's learning curve.

Well...as the song says, "There will be no white flag upon my door."

Life - the battle is back on :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Adam C said…

    Just passing by... Feeling purple? I love it when people post poems on their blog. Keep it up. A new blogger here looking for readers. If anything rings in you, please keep visiting www.lucidspot.blogspot.com

    Cheers^^

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    awww this song reminds me of my ex...so sad...hard memories...

    but you know i fit this description! In love with love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home