My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, June 20, 2005

More Online Stupidity - Who are these people?

What is with people who are on AOL or gay.com or any of the endless number of chat programs on the internet.

It is almost like they lose all ability to actually think.

Who in their right mind actually beings a conversation with any of the following:

"Top or bottom?" - Are you kidding me? My God - at least be original

"U looking?" - yeah I'm looking - for someone with a clue

"Where you located?" - read my profile asshole - it says in bold DALLAS

"ASL?" - enough said - what the hell is that? It is not even a word, much less a sentence...

"Wanna fuck?" - sure..I dont know how old you are, what you look like, whether you are a psycho, if you have all your teeth , but sure how bout we suck and fuck all night long - are you kidding me?

Haven't these people ever read a book on internet etiquette???

What the hell are these people thinking? I mean...I know I have blogged about this before but it blows my mind. I just dont understand. Haven't these people ever heard of INTRODUCTIONS such as Hi, how are you? What are you up to?

OR...OH MY GOSH..GOD FORBID you actually say............DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

"Nice profile...enjoyed reading it...how are you doing tonight?"

This communicates many things....

1) - It means you can actually read a profile - truly a rare gift online

2) - You actually understood what my profile said i was looking for and what I wasnt looking for...and you still wanted to talk to me?

3) - You might...just might stand a better chance of getting a response from me.


And the worst thing of all is when they get pissed at you for not responding how they want.......or better yet when they deny they are looking to hook up...

I realize that they wanted to know my "ASL" and if I was top or bttm for a survey about the gay community. I know they they needed to know if I was "looking" so they could warn me of the dangers of sleeping around. I know they only wanted to know where I lived so they could ask about the local real estate market....I know all these things....but yet I still think they only want sex...

Stupid Me!

Maybe I need to read the book about internet etiquette.....

7 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I find it interesting when they ask ASL...I always say, READ MY PROFILE! And why ask S when I am in a GAY MALE (key word there) chatroom. I hate that! Nice blog btw. Enjoying readin it.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hey Scotty - I agree man - why the hell are they asking my sex - it should be painfully obvious by which chat room I am in.

    Thanks for the compliments about the blog -

    I enjoy having you as a reader!

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    Hi Matthew - Enjoyed reading through your blog.

    It's been a long time since I've been in a chat room. Do all the guys still have 8+ dicks? That's what I remember. I never would answer the Top/Bottom query. I would just reply, "did you learn that in charm school?" Most of them had no clue they had just been insulted. It was part of my fun, but it got very old.

    Here's my Batman Begins post
    Evolution of The Bat
    Loved it.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Ugh, dont make me get on my soapbox about the decapitated crowd :)

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger hbjock said…

    Hey Matt!! Yeah I know how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if romantics do exist any more in the world hehehe, because some of these people on the net are just ridiculous. Anyway, just wanted you to know that there are decent intelligent people out there (points to himself) heheh.

    Oh, by the way... thanks for the encouragement with my workouts.. I promise not to give up.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Whatevia said…

    you are so so right about most people on those chat rooms being total retards.

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger arqsim said…

    great to read yr blog, smth of a personal experience. keep it up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home