My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Being Nice - Some Things Come Free

I always go to the same Subway whenever I happen to go to Subway for dinner. The same girl serves me everytime I go there. She is so nice and so sweet. We don't say much. We just smile, nod, thank each other, and we go on. It's very nice. There is something about her smile that me smile even more.

Well today I walked in and ordered my sub. She smiled as usual and at the end I ordered three white chocolate chip cookies. She gave them to me for free.

I was so pleasantly surprised...all I could do is smile. She thanked me and winked at me.

I think she has a crush on me. How sweet!

Just goes to show ya...being nice can pay off! :-)

9 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I have found that being nice goes a lot further than being mean. It is my life motto to go the extra mile but I think a lot of that does come from my Christian upbringing...u think?

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I agree - same with me - although I have noticed in my current job I have become harder and more caloused (is that spelled right..lol) towards people - maybe i need a new job

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger purpletwinkie said…

    You guys are right. Sounds pretty simple, but it's all about attitude. It took me a while to learn that.

    About six-seven years ago I read something about complimenting people. I set my goal at giving one compliment per day. I've done it ever since. It makes you feel good, and what's really shocking is how people react to it. Compliment a stranger in a full elevator sometime. You can feel the mood change. :)

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Kree Kra said…

    Being nice can payoff...but being cute can payoff more. Maybe thats why she gave you the cookies. ;)

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hmmm - maybe so - he he - just kidding :-)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    I agree with Ker...but i have to ask, why are you eating 3 white chocolate cookies...at SUBWAY...c'mon eat fresh... (as i scarf down this fried fish!)

    looking for a fight,

    Sam

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    HA HA - i usually eat great at subway but I splurged a little - what can I say - i think it was fate b/c I got them for free!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Schlitz25 said…

    yeah maybe she wanted you to sample some more "goodies"

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hmmmm - goodies...her goodies...hmmm... i couldnt have reached them...after all goodies stay in the jar right? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home