My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cell Phone Cleaning - Deleting Telephone Numbers!

I hate having tons of numbers in my cell phone. All that damn scrolling just to find the person you are looking for. It irritates the crap out of me.

So tonight I was driving back from the bars (which I didnt stay at long at all) and decided to have me a little cell phone cleaning party all by myself. I deleted numbers like crazy. I deleted 15 numbers out of my cell phone.

Now these people dont know they have been deleted but deletion occurred for any number of possible reasons:

* Lazy sons a bitches never called me. I always called them.

* Lazy sons a bitches never returned my calls. (builds on the first option)

* Person vanished and havent spoke to them in a while

* Dont know who the person is (usually occurs when you are drunk!)

* Nothing personal against the person but you have grown apart and dont talk anymore

* Screwed me over and treated me like shit

Now these are merely possibilities and not representative of every reason why I have or will in the future delete a cell phone number.

It does feel good to skim off old numbers you dont need anymore.

I did a little test a few weeks ago with my cell phone. Because I am always the person who calls everyone else. No one ever calls me out of the blue. They always return my calls to them. So I vanished for 1 1/2 weeks. 11 days. No outbound calls to friends. I wanted to see who called me. Here is the list of people who called me.

Sam - (My friend from Atlanta, Georgia)

Adam - (My friend from Grand Junction, Colorado)

Jabbar - (My friend from Waco, Texas)

Yes. Yes. Yes. I see the pattern too....everyone who called me lived in a different city and 2 of them out of state. So I guess you learn who thinks about you and who makes an effort to call you and who doesnt.

My friend Andrew (who I dearly love) states that he called me, and he did...BUT the only reason he called me is b/c he felt guilty for shafting me and standing me up at the clubs the prior week. Usually he is almost impossible to get in touch with.

While the test is over, I still havent called several of my "friends" (see fair weather friends posting) and they have not called me either. And ya know what, I am ok with this.

Life is Life. Everything happens for a reason. It is ok to be upset, angry, frustrated, hurt, disappointed, and depressed for a little while. Those feelings are natural and valid. But after a little while, you just have to move on and LET EM GO.

So to all the people who have been in my life but no longer play a starring role, I wish you the best.....

hmmmm...I wonder how many cell phones I have been deleted out of....

It does work both ways.......

6 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Dude, that's totally the way a cell works though. Thankfully that's why we have the delete options. What I hate is when friends keep changing their numbers ... and you run out of space in their name. OR when all your friends are Mike, Chad, Chris, Jen and Stacy (or Stacey or Stacie).


    I'm from dallas originally (kinda), where do you normally hit the clubs?

    hope you had a killer weekend.

    ~brian

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    That you have 3 good friends is excellent!

    Cameo appearances are good too; they come, they go, you let them go.

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    hey brian,

    i usually go to the round up ----

    what so u mean u are kinda from dallas?

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Dude, I totally grewup out in Richardson/Plano area. Granted, I didn't do ALL of highschool out there, and I went away for college, and grad school ... but I always like to think of dallas as where I'm from.

    The roundup is definitely the best. The guys are always the nicest there. only thing that sucks is I dont' two step ... hmm.

    Have a good one!

    ~brian

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger The Great Cranky One said…

    Matt,

    I found your blog from a link on another blog. I have to admit you are wonderful to read about. I have added you to my favorites and I check you out daily now. Keep putting up the good posts.

    -Timothy

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Timothy,

    Thanks man - the posts will keep coming - keep a reading!!

    Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home