My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sobriety - A New and Wonderful Concept

I think I am going to take a break from alcohol. I have spent so much money on alcohol in the last year it is insance. Any of my friends will tell you that I used to never drink. I would go out to the bars and watch while everyone else drank. Then a couple events happened that changed my perspective on alcohol...

#1) I started my current job !


#2) My best friend left Dallas and I had a lot of time by myself. Ha Ha!

After I started working I had no choice but to start drinking as a stress reliever. My job is so stressful. Then when my best friend left I had to continue drinking lol. Looking back I dont think I really ever had any serious run-ins with alcohol until I was almost 23 years old.

I can tell ya this much - my times being drunk have been much more fun than my times of sobriety. But I think a time has come for a break....Except of course during the week of my birthday. That week my friend Sam (whose blog is linked to this page) is coming in from Atlanta and we are gonna light up this town. Isn't that right Sam?

But other than that I think a break is in order. I am entering an introspective time of life. A time to focus on me. Get some things in order. And I dont need to be giving away 200 - 300 dollars a month to a bar! Think of what i could buy!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kree Kra said…

    when is sam coming to texas?

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Sam is coming down to Texas the week of july 12 - that is my birthday

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger jim said…

    So, Im having difficulty processing the fact that I've been drinking longer than you've been breathing. Give me a moment ;)

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    LOL - too funny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home