My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Worship Music - Sweet Sounds and Sweet Mercies

I carpool with a co-worker now at work. He is an awesome guy. Completely non judgemental even though he is in seminary. We were having an intersting talk about homosexuality and the scripture on the drive home from work on Friday. Had an interesting talk about the Old Testament/Covenant vs the New Testament/Covenant. On his cd player, the worship song "Sweet Mercies" came on. I knew every word just like I had been singing it every Sunday even though I haven't actually heard the song in almost 5 years.

Why is it that I still love worship music? I love music that worships the Creator. I love music that glorifies Him. And even after all this time, I still love Him!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I know what you mean. In my Music Minster days we sang worksip songs and chorus. SOme of my favorite music and there are days I miss it.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yeah - i totally understand Scotty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home