My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Running For My Life - Dropping The Weight!

I have dropped around 11 pounds over the last 2 months. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds over the next 6 weeks. I think this is a completely realistic goal. How did I lose the weight? Three basic things helped me lose weight:

1.) I ran for my life

Yes - that's right...I ran like my life depended on it. Four to five days a week I was hitting the treadmill for around 6 - 6.5 miles. I tell you, nothing will drop those calories off your fat ass like running for over an hour on the good ole treadmill.

2.) I did not eat after 7:30 - 8:00 pm

This was key for me because I was someone who loved late night snack runs to Wendys, late night ice cream, etc. If it was chocolate, sweet, fried, or fattening and it was after 10 it was in my mouth. But not anymore...trust me, it works and I have the proof.

3.) I never give up when I run until I meet my goal

If your goal is to run 3 miles, then run 3 miles. If your goal is 6 miles then run 6 miles and don't stop until you reach it. If your goal is 6 miles, and at 3 miles you tell yourself (I am just gonna take a short break or slow down) then you are telling yourself you can't make it. Well, that rings true for me. If I slow down halfway through or I take a break, I mentally lose focus and usually end up stopping altogether.

So after all this time, I have set my goal at 178 pounds. Standing 5'10, I feel that is a reasonable weight for my height...so in 6 weeks we will see if I made it. I can tell you right now, I will...

You can bet your ass on it....

(I wish I had a treadmill like that one!)

5 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger abnitude said…

    cngratulations on yor exercise and weight loss goals. it sounds like you have have made great progress.when you accomplih these goals it givs you a little inside mental edge. at least thas wha i always have felt and have been able to hang onto that feeling since quitting smoking 6 yrs ago. the edge stays with you if you let it.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Chip said…

    congrats! Keep it up.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    Great job! And thanks for this post too. I have weight issues and although I've lost a huge amount of weight, I've been derailed lately. You gave me some inspiration to continue to my goal of 180...which in April was only 24 pounds away, but is now 38 pounds away.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Atlanta Transplant said…

    Awesome job JZ - keep going man - dont think of how far away you are from the goal - just remember how far you have already come!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home