My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Can You Be More Selfish and Self Centered - A Girl I Would Rather Not Know

This little story all started several months ago when I went on a date with a guy I met here in Atlanta. Overall, he was a nice guy, but the date just did not go that well for a few reasons, but looking back I have no issue with this particular guy. He seems to be a nice guy and you just have to let things go and move on. :-)

But through him, I met this girl and she seemed to be very nice as well...we actually hit it off and spent a good amount of time talking. She gave me her telephone number and we decided we would text or call to keep in touch and get together for drinks.

Well about a week later or so I texted her to say hi and see how she was doing. I did not realize it b/c it slipped my mind, but I never heard from her. So after a few more weeks, I texted her again just to say "hi cutie, how are you?" Again I never heard from her...hmmmmm

So I waited a few more weeks and life went along and I decided to text her again. And yet again I did not hear from her. So at this time, I decided to move on and realized that she did not want to be friends and did not want to hang out.

Now I am sure you might be wondering, why didn't I call her? Well, when I met her the first night, she told me that she was a huge text messaging person...she said that was actually easier for her than telephone calls....so there you go.

So, imagine my surprise when yesterday I receive a text message from a telephone number that I do not recognize. This means that it is either a stranger or someone who I deleted from my cell phone. Well in this case, it was the latter.

The text message came from the girl who had decided not to return any of my previous text messages. And what was the subject of her text message you might ask???? It was to announce that she was having a birthday party and was wanting to invite everyone to come. It was obviously a group message sent out on her phone. Which is frustrating because that means she had my number and decided to never respond to me. And she decided to only text me when it was ALL about her...her birthday...her night...her plans....her schedule.

Well, since it is her birthday I have two words to say to her as I won't be going to the party.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger abnitude said…

    people suck matthew. the worst is when you think you have made a connection and its one sided. now its not only one sided but also is a selfish, egocentric individual who, if you went t her party with gift in hand, would make you think yu are her best friend...and would claim she never saw the texts you sent, ultimately trying to get you to apoloize to her. don't take this diatribe as a cynical critisism, it really isnt. keep trying t make friends, the right ones will com your way.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    Was she good friends with the guy you went out on the date with? Maybe she heard the date didn't go well and to keep peace with her friend decided not to pursue a friendship with you. It sucks, but some people have to live their lives keeping their friends happy instead of doing what's best for themself.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    The date went fine and I still talk to the guy I went on the date with.

    And to counter further, if she was NOT talking to me b/c she was friends with him, how awkward would it be to THEN invite me to her birthday party where HE will surely be at...

    That would make no sense....

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    Hey, sorry, tried to look at the situation through a woman. What do I know about that?

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ha ha...its all good - i did appreciate your point of view :-)

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger savante said…

    Ouch. What a bitch!!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger carl r said…

    keep away from her. you were right to delete her number.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Atlanta Transplant said…

    yeah I agree Carl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home