My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Dear Mr. President - Would You Take A Walk With Me?

Ok - so it is not that i hate our President. I do not! I have a lot of respect for the institution of the "Presidency". I just do not particularly agree with many of the things the current holder of that office believes in or does.

I wonder what it would be like to take a walk with the President. I wonder how he would relate one on one. I have a feeling that our walk would end with still no agreement. And in the end, that is ok. In a country of free speech, free choice, and free thinking, one has to respect and abide with differing opinions.

The scary thing is that our current President himself said that he thinks there should be a limit to freedoms. I wonder who decides when the limit has been reached.

Dear Mr. President...would you take a walk with me.....???

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous nettie said…

    I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the current President. But I know I started off liking him and agreeing with him; and that I am impressed that he's made it this far. Were I to walk with him he would probably sway me in my indecision. You take the walk for change, then.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yeah Nettie - I understand - I started off really liking him too actually - but over the years as I have seen him do action after action that I disagree with, I can no longer say that...

    But nonetheless, it would be interesting to take a walk with him...for sure...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home