My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The New Version Of Blogger - UGH UGH UGH!

I mean come on - when will blogger come out with something that is easy for the average person to understand. I am sure everyone has seen that there is a new template version that allows new widgets, video rolls, news scrolls, etc. This is differnet from the prior upgrade that blogger did. This new upgrade deals with a new template....so I decided to try it...

When the new layout transfers over, all of my customizations from my prior template were deleted...which was fine.

BUT BUT BUT...when I simply tried to transfer over the HTML code from the prior template to the new template ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!

Nothing would come over..so I could not bring over any of my picture links or anything else...what a bum deal.

I am sure there is a way to do it, but my god after spending hours and hours trying to figure the shit out, I am almost ready to just say goodbye to blogger altogether!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous kyle said…

    you might want to pursue wordpress - i started on blogger, but couldn't handle all the challenges. wordpress is so much more user friendly.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Tony said…

    I switched from blogger to typepad and now I've found a great one....word press. You should definately check it out. Just go to www.wordpress.org

    Tony

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    How do you transfer your whole blog history over to the new blog? Do you lose all your prior posts?

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger 9W said…

    matthew,

    wordpress has a very easy (simple, clean, well designed) import tool that in just a couple of clicks can bring your ENTIRE blogger history into wordpress. it took me 10 minutes tops.

    good luck,
    kyle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home