My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Dixie Chicks Go 5 For 5 - Hell Yeah...Congrats Ladies!

Hell yeah I love the Dixie Chicks. And I am fucking ecstatic that they won EVERY Grammy Award they were nominated for:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
RECORD OF THE YEAR
SONG OF THE YEAR
BEST COUNTRY ALBUM
BEST COUNTRY VOCAL PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP

***The last time one act won album, record and song of the year was in 1993 by Eric Clapton***

Their talent did not leave when the "comments" passed over their lips!




2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Jason said…

    I was so happy for their multi wins!

    It just irks me that the media has to spin their deserved winnings into some "political thank you" for being right about the war. They earned the awards for their music, despite some people turning their backs on these brave chicks.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Jason - I do agree with you that the Chicks are actually very talented. I mean even if someone does not like them anymore, they have to admit that they have talent.

    I do believe that maybe perhaps their awards were possibly influenced by what happened. But let me say this...

    The grammys have a long history of awarding grammys to less heard artists - particularly in the country categories...

    Regardless of the reasons, I am happy they won!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home