My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Temptation At The Toughest Time - Battling The Bulge

So during my vacation I put on a few pounds...it was worth it though. It has been a long, long time since I just sat around and did absolutely nothing for an extended period of time.

So now that I have been back, I am on my old workout program, etc. But last night, I had the biggest craving for M&Ms. I tried to resist it, but I could not.

I went to the store with the intent of buying a large bag of M&Ms and a gallon of milk. Yeah, yeah...how bad can you get.

I reached for the bag and then looked at the label.

9 servings per bag and 220 calories per serving.

A whopping 1980 calories....WTF?!?!

I never knew there was that much in a large family size bag - b/c like most americans, I do not always read the labels on my food.

After wrestling back and forth, I ended up getting a diet coke and a chocolate mint protein bar. Phew...and I am so glad I did....today I am so glad that I did not give in and down the whole bag of M&Ms...what a set back that would have been.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    I never used to read labels either...then I started and took a bit of control and I'm almost 100 pounds lighter! I still treat myself once in a while and pretend the label isn't there...but it sounds like you did that on vacation a bit. You made a wise decision!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I totally agree JZ - i was a pig on vacation - but back on track now!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Jason said…

    Thats my biggest weakness on the battle of the bulge...candy/sweets. I've been pretty good the last few weeks about it, but it is hard. Vacations are made to cheat and enjoy though :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    When you go home, you eat...that's what you do. M&Ms are like a crack addiction. I love peanut M&Ms

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I struggle ALL the time with my weight but seem to have peaked out finally...at least I am maintaining.

    BTW, Drop me an e-mail. I want to stay in touch.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Scotty - I need your email address - shoot me an email off of my blog!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home