My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Expectations and Entitlements - Pissing Me Off

I cannot hold back my frustration any longer. The water pressure has been building up like the Hoover Dam after a monsoon and the wrath is being unleashed.

If someone were to ask me what is your biggest pet peave, I think it would be the following:

People expecting something when you have given no indication that you want to give it, that you have thought about giving it, or that they even deserve it.

I am serious. I am done.

If you come fishing in my pond, you ain't getting shit.

I used to be the type of person who would say anything to passify, coddle, cajole, pamper someone if it made them feel better.

Those days are gone.

Now are the days of honesty, straight-forwardness, and maturity!

I will no longer allow fishing in my pond of compliments. The water is being drained and fences are being put up. The fish are no longer there. You are casting your line into a dead pond, a dry well, a desert if you will.

Now for anyone who can't pick up on it, I don't deal with unrealistic expectations and entitlement. Everyone needs to realize that the only thing they are entitled to in life is their own thoughts and feelings. Everything else is left up to the fate.

Which is better?

...A compliment that you ask for or one that is freely given?...

...Something that is forced or an unexpected surpise?...

I think people need to wake up...stop asking for shit you don't deserve and stop beggin for crap that you really don't need.

Be yourself.

Like yourself.

And fuck everyone who doesn't appreciate you for who you are.

But don't and I mean don't come begging, asking, pleading, graveling, expecting, or pushing for something from me that is selfish or self serving in nature.

I won't put up with it anymore....

P.S. - to clear up any confusion - this comment was inspired by some idiot no name I talked to online tonight in Dallas :-)

12 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Atlanta Single Man said…

    Matt, I am looking forward to you coming here to Atlanta you hot stud! I think you will love it here! I enjoy your blog!...

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    Yes, you should come to Atlanta. I'm an hour from it (originally my hometown) and it's a great atmosphere! With the diverse culture, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Kristal - I am so exicted about the move - I worked out all the financial aspects of my move today and everything is a go!

    I will be there in September :-)

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    Interesting post...made me think...hmmmm...have I crossed any lines with Matt??? YIKES!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Ha Ha - no! - this post was not about or in reference to anyone I know - it was about this person i talked to online today here in dallas.

    They just kept saying stupid stuff about life and what they wanted, needed..and kept asking me if.....

    well...they just kept wanting me to basically build them up and tell them they were the most wonderful person in the world

    gawd - i cant stand that - lol

    :-)

    If i think you are the most wonderful person in the world and I want to say it, then I will

    but dont ASK me to say it - lol

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Noeha said…

    Hmm...I sense just a bit of frustration with a certain idiot no name, there! :) Go for it, Matt; just let it all out. But honestly, idiot no names are not worth even getting hot and bothered about, right??? Sometimes I have to remind myself of that, too. Heck, you've got Atlanta to look forward to, so I hope you've blogged that bad taste out of your system. On to bigger and better things. Namaste.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Hi there Noeha
    Thanks for stopping by :-)

    Yes it is all out of my system now

    Phew...

    I am clean and clear for Atlanta :)
    Namaste

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    "Be yourself.

    Like yourself.

    And fuck everyone who doesn't appreciate you for who you are."

    Go Matt, good advice!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Sangroncito said…

    Amen!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    Ha ha! There you go Matthew! You are growing up! Go against the grain and refuse to be a butt kisser. They'll want you more!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous sam said…

    it wasn't me, i swear.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    ha ha - no Sam it wasnt you :-) - you are too cute

     

Post a Comment

<< Home