My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

My Struggle - Homosexuality vs. Christianity, Part II - The Salvation Experience

The door slammed behind me at Martin Hall and it was like a different mind had been placed inside me. Everything that I had never known suddenly started filling my thoughts. I had never been to church, and never been taught the four spiritual laws, etc. I knew that Christianity believed that this guy named Jesus died on a cross but that was about it.

I did not know the meaning, the symbolism, the truth or reality behind it. I did not understand, comprehend it, or have any interest in it. But suddenly...for some reason...when that door closed behind me, it all made sense.

The old life had ended with the slamming of the door, and a new chapter had begun.

My thoughts were racing:

"Jesus died on the cross for me!"

"Jesus loves me!"

"Jesus sacrificed himself for the sins of the world including mine!"

"I need to accept this gift!"

"I need salvation!"

Now...for someone who had no experience in church and had almost never heard or experienced the use of such phrases, I was a little taken aback. I walked up the stairwell along with my two friends and we entered the hallway leading to our rooms.

My room was the very first one after you leave the stairwell. I was a little frustrated as I entered the hallway because I knew my roommate would be there. He was always there in the evenings. He never went out or hung out with friends at that points b/c it was near finals and he was busy preparing.

I wanted time by myself to process everything that had happened in the last minute. It felt like a lifetime. I walked up to my door and unlocked it with my card key. I entered into my room and was greeted by the best sound I had heard that night.

Silence.

My roommate was gone...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    I grew up Catholic.

    Overtime, I've come to accept the Catholic Church abandoned me -- not the other way around.

    Until the Vatican stops issuing edicts condeming me, my life, my relationship and my person, they can go to hell.

    In fact, I'll buy Pope Joseph RATNazi a one-way airline ticket.

    . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home