My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Conservatives - Really Starting to Piss Me Off

Ok...I used to be a Republican and I even voted for George W. Bush the first time. (yeah I know. I can hear all of you hissing right now!) But they are really starting to piss me off.

They are finally starting to show just how fickle and self serving they really are.

George W. Bush, their BELOVED Commander-in-Chief, the president who stands up for traditional marriage, and speaks out against abortion has nominated John Roberts to the Supreme Court. And what does the Conservative Right do...they bitch.

They bitch, bitch, bitch.

Bitch about everything that doesnt go EXACTLY like they want it. Well geez people, here is a quarter, go buy yourself a CLUE.

Not everything in life is gonna happen the way you want it. Just ask the Democrats that after the last 13 years in Congress since the Republicans took over.

But what is worse, they have influenced and pressured and lobbied President Bush to their causes and ideals and the first time he possible picks someone on the MODERATE side, they FREAK.

Everyone knows that Roberts is a conservative, but apparently its a problem when they are not a clone of Antonin Scalia or Clarence Thomas. (Obviously the two most conservative Justices on the Court!)

I think the Right needs to wake up. Your precious little conservative majority is safe on the Supreme Court. It is highly unlikely that this candidate for Supreme Court Justice will turn out like David Souter did. Souter was supposed to be a staunch conservative but turned liberal on the court.

Although all us Democrats can hope and pray the same goes for Roberts...

9 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Do liberals (or moderates for that matter) arrest 12 year old girls for eating french fries on the DC Metro?

    'ITS THE LAW, NO FOOD ON THE METRO'

    I don't think they need to worry about him sneaking a dip in the liberal pool.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Scotty said…

    I hate to admit it but I also voted republican my whole life. I only switched this past election. Sounds like we have a lot in common.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    Hmmm.... I have stayed out of this argument about this guy's nomination. I don't have enough information to make a decision either way. But if Conservatives are pissed too, then it must be a good thing!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Noeha said…

    Hmm...I have to admit I would have voted for Bush the first round (missed going), but I definitely voted for his opponent this time...too bad we don't have better players up there. Or for that matter, how about a whole slew of parties, like a number of countries have? Republican/democrat - it's just so limiting. Republicans generally (!) have a better idea of how to put us in a better economic position, but democrats have the right social ideas...

    Anyway, I agree - it will definitely be interesting to see what happens with Roberts. It was a shrewd choice on Bush's part, as he's qualified and unlikely to cause the uproar we've seen in the past from the democrats. However, there's no doubt he's a conservative; it just remains to be seen whether he will stir up things or follow the Bush agenda, which is scary. If Bush had been really smart, he would have picked a conservative woman to replace O'Connor.

    I enjoyed catching up on some of your posts, Matthew!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Noeha,

    I agree with you on the point that Bush should have picked a conservative woman to replace O'Connor - i think that would have been a better choice!

    Thanks for reading - I look forward to checking in on your blog as well :-)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    Hey Matt,

    Great blog.

    You're ultra hot: woof, woof: woof. ;-)

    Back to topic, I have 2 pals who work for CA Senators in DC and the "buzz" we heard was Bush would select Rehnquist-lite in preparation for the Chief Justice's retirement.

    My sources were correct.

    Oddly, I'm hearing Bush will nominate Kay Bailey Hutchison to replace O'Connor. Talk about unqualified, but that's his idea of a bone for GOPer women.

    If this country survives Bush it will be a miracle.

    Later,

    Christopher

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Christopher,

    Thanks for the comment - i looked on your blog at the link of Coulter - very interesting to say the least......

    i wonder how she will respond to that

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger The Biased Reporter said…

    Now, you're starting to come around;) Are you becoming a liberal now?

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Ha Ha - well I think I might be tilting a little left of center :-)

    yes - its true - i am becoming a democrat - who thought it would happen :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home