My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Memorial Day Revisited - At Least it Probably Should Be

I was at my favorite Starbucks on Memorial Day grabbing a cup of coffee and reading the paper. A sweet and very nice girl was working behind the counter. I have seen her in their for months and she has even waited on me several times.

I was standing in line having just ordered my coffee and the next customer walked up to the bar to order. This very sweet and nice Starbucks employee walks up and asks out loud "What is Memorial Day for anyway?".

I was FLOORED! SHOCKED! AMAZED! And not in a good way!

How sad that the holiday meant to honor fallen soldiers has been forgotten by some. If it wasnt for the soldiers which Memorial Day honors, we might not enjoy the very freedoms we have today!

Lets never forget people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home